Help with autostart please? :)
Hmm I would prefer that "daemon" ignores stdin but keeps in foreground. Because it's ignoring stdin, it takes his input from a fifo.

Perhaps we want to make a flag to pass config over the command line. This makes it easy to run multiple instances of one eg minigame map if you put the port as command line argument
Thanks given by:
I've clean the scripts, merge all into one, and added some functions please go to

https://forum.cuberite.org/thread-2384.html

For info and downloads, if you are using the old version please update to this new one.

I'm removing the old info that was in this post.
Thanks given by:
Sup. Big thanks. Firstly, please don't concatenate such commands with &&.. Use a && sleep 3 && instead. 

Secondly, you can concatenate them to one script, never heard of shell functions. So...  Finally I will soon post my extended script containing status and update. Smile (cuberite start starts, stop stops, restart both stop and start. Update builds it to .cache/cuberite and runs the CI tests. If that fails, it touches a succeeded file, otherwise not. Cuberite looks at every startup at this file and copies over. (that makes you have minimum downtime, because you can build while cuberite is running AND test that build. Status would drop a "online" command and maybe a performance command to screen and copy the output
Thanks given by:
Thanks Rekuen! And thanks to you all! Smile

I finally got it working! The performance is actually decent, although how much better will it get with a raspberry 2? Smile
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2016, 06:58 PM)Utking Wrote: Thanks Rekuen! And thanks to you all! Smile

I finally got it working! The performance is actually decent, although how much better will it get with a raspberry 2? Smile

The Rpi 2, in my case was able to handle a 6 player server, with low view distance you can make it work just fine. The performance sometimes drops but if you are not planning to let 30 people in. For a small home server works fine.

If you want something more powerfull, check the Odroid XU4, I bought one and never been happier.
Thanks given by:
(02-27-2016, 03:35 PM)Schwertspize Wrote: Sup. Big thanks. Firstly, please don't concatenate such commands with &&.. Use a && sleep 3 && instead. 

Secondly, you can concatenate them to one script, never heard of shell functions. So...  Finally I will soon post my extended script containing status and update. Smile (cuberite start starts, stop stops, restart both stop and start. Update builds it to .cache/cuberite and runs the CI tests. If that fails, it touches a succeeded file, otherwise not. Cuberite looks at every startup at this file and copies over. (that makes you have minimum downtime, because you can build while cuberite is running AND test that build. Status would drop a "online" command and maybe a performance command to screen and copy the output

I've never been a bash guy, i know the scripts could give someone a stroke and I know are far from optimal, i used them for testing. I'm happy to know you will be extending your script adding more features. I'll check it when is ready.
Thanks given by:
I've clean the scripts, merge all into one, and added some functions please go to

https://forum.cuberite.org/thread-2384.html

For info and downloads, if you are using the old version please update to this new  one.
Thanks given by:

Would you mind briefly explaining what the problem was and how you resolved it? It might help others.
Thanks given by:
Never had any problems with 'screen'.
Thanks given by:
(02-28-2016, 11:52 PM)LogicParrot Wrote:

Would you mind briefly explaining what the problem was and how you resolved it? It might help others.

I guess it was a combination of me using the wrong commands, i didnt't have "cd" in the path to cuberite executable for instance.
Also i never got it to work with the minecraft user, so had to use the standard pi.

So thanks to you all for helping me! Smile
Thanks given by: