connecting to Cuberite Server
Hi,
I'm new to Minecraft and Cuberite. I just compiled Cuberite source and was trying to connect minecraft client to it. 
I'm not sure how to do it under single player mode! Under multiplayer mode I could see 'Cuberite - in C++' and "Scanning for games on your local network".
However, on trying to join server I get "Failed to connect to the server" (Invalid session - Try restarting your game)

I don't see any new request on the console where cuberite server is running. 

Could anyone of you experts help me with this?

thx
Sanjay
Thanks given by:
Invalid session usually means that either the login server from Mojang is down or someone else logged in on your account. (not logging in the server, but starting up the client)
Thanks given by:
How do I go about testing via a minecraft client? I tried searching on the forum but couldn't get a clear answer.
I tried via Minecraft 1.9.4 client and could find only multiplayer as the option to connect to cuberite (is that the only option?) How do I connect to localhost on singleuser mode!

Appreciate your help so far.
Thanks given by:
Cuberite is only multiplayer, even when running on the same computer as the client, you still need to go through the Multiplayer menu.

The "invalid session" error most often happens to me when the client has been running for a long time (usually a day). The easy workaround is to quit both the client and the launcher, then start them again.

(Singleplayer is built-into the client itself and there's no way to override it from an external program)
Thanks given by:
Finally with the "right" client and auth off in settings.ini I could join the server. I guess that's good for starting Smile

thanks guys
Thanks given by:
What is your reason for wanting to use Cuberite if you're going to play alone anyway?
Thanks given by:
Intention is get involved in the development, so as first steps i wanted to get the client setup
Thanks given by:
Aah makes sense. The project could always use developers, good luck!
Thanks given by: