Looking for Android help
Since I'm quite terrible with searching, I'd like to ask for your help.
I'm looking for a way to manage contacts, calendar and texts (and possibly more) on my Android phone through a computer. I'd like to be able to edit them, make a backup of them, and selectively copy them from one phone to another.
Now the problems:
1. I don't want a synchronization. I want an editor that works on the current data.
2. I don't want a cloud solution. I trust no-one and don't want my personal data somewhere on the web.
3. The solution has to be open-source. As I said, I'm paranoid and trust no-one.

Can you recommend anything? So far I haven't been able to find an app that would satisfy all of my requirements. The only solution that seems usable to me is MobilEdit, but it's proprietary (and I used to work for them, so I really really don't trust it Smile

Alternatively, I'd like to write such an app, but I'm not so good with Android development, last time I tried something was with the 2.3 version, it's completely different nowadays. So if someone wants to help me make this happen, by providing the Android-side of things, let me know.
Thanks given by: PCPlayerLV
I'm using Windows Phone, so I can't really help you finding such apps, but I thought you can now restrict apps for what they do. For example, I can stop them from using internet and thus blocking the app from synchronizing with some server online.

If you're going to create your own apps you can take a look at Xamarin. It allows you to create cross-platform native apps in C# (which I find allot easier to write in than Java). I believe you can download it as an extension for Visual Studio or you can download their own editor which also runs on Linux and Mac.
Thanks given by:
So you want a program which does the following two things for multiple datatypes.

Read all and save it to a database (dump). This database can then be read by a computer and/or modified
Read a database and write all of them to the system. If you want selective, the computer should be able to exclude stuff from the database.

I don't exactly know what you mean by texts, but for the rest android HAS a pretty nice interface, so it wouldn't be too hard to write an app for you.
Thanks given by:
@"Cl1608Ho" not exactly. I want the app to work "online", in the sense that it talks to the computer program in real time and the computer program sends commands like "read all contacts", "edit contact XYZ", "store a new contact KLM" etc. So get rid of the database and operate directly.

Texts = sms = messages.

Honestly, the interface just for reading contacts is overwhelming, and there's no information about what kinds of data there may be for a contact.
Thanks given by:
But in the first place, I can't believe there is no open-source app for this already. I'd expect half a dozen of them by now.
You could look into ownCloud (or a fork of it called NextCloud). It's a self-hosted cloud platform, with a webinterface to edit such things live. It syncs to any operating system that has CalDav and CardDav support.

Quote: 2. I don't want a cloud solution. I trust no-one and don't want my personal data somewhere on the web.
3. The solution has to be open-source. As I said, I'm paranoid and trust no-one.
Didn't you use Windows...?  Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
If you are use any phone OS and connected to Internet your data was stolen. You can't control data that was stolen and you can't see as it does. If you want keep you contacts and data in secret - use classic mobile phones or do not use Internet connecton on you phone with sensitive data. Remember, any license agreement do not protect your data. You are must protect your data byself. In any case all your calls and speaks are logged Big Grin And may be used when you will disturb some big bosses. In other case - data will collect and do not use against you...

It's my opinion.

Logicparrot Edit: I accidentally edited this rather than replying. But I restored it to its original form.
Text:
Use Lesser Pad to make notes. Each note is saved as a .txt file. To manage your files via PC, simply access the phone's storage via usb or whatever method you prefer.

Contacts:
Less than perfect solution: Export contacts via Android's builtin app. This creates a contacts.vcf file in storage. Use the PC to edit that file. It is in text form. Purge your contact list, then re-import the file.
(09-26-2016, 12:54 AM)xoft Wrote: Since I'm quite terrible with searching, I'd like to ask for your help.
I'm looking for a way to transfer Android contacts to computer for manage, calendar and texts (and possibly more) on my Android phone through a computer. I'd like to be able to edit them, make a backup of them, and selectively copy them from one phone to another.
Now the problems:
1. I don't want a synchronization. I want an editor that works on the current data.
2. I don't want a cloud solution. I trust no-one and don't want my personal data somewhere on the web.

Can you recommend anything? So far I haven't been able to find an app that would satisfy all of my requirements. The only solution that seems usable to me is MobilEdit, but it's proprietary (and I used to work for them, so I really really don't trust it Smile

Alternatively, I'd like to write such an app, but I'm not so good with Android development, last time I tried something was with the 2.3 version, it's completely different nowadays. So if someone wants to help me make this happen, by providing the Android-side of things, let me know.
Well, accroding to your needs , you can install a Android data manager or Android data assistant , 
They are able to manage Android data , and you can transfer messages .contacts calendar and texts to computer for backup . you can even edit them on computer ,
Thanks given by:
@xoft sorry for the non-answer

I imagine the following:

- Upon starting an app on the phone (called device later on), the device sets up a server, listening to port x
- Any PC with the correct software (aka computer) could connect to that device if it can reach the device, I.e same wifi, port forwarding, however you want
- to ensure access control, every newly connecting computer must be acknowledged on the device, the connection should be ssl/tls encrypted and device acknowledgement may be stored by the app
- ‎the computer can then invoke kinda like RPC functions on the phone like querying the contacts database
- ‎as a device may be connected to any number of computers and a computer may be connected or any number of devices, a computer software should offer the functionality to directly "proxy" data between multiple devices.

I'm not sure if that's already there. I don't think so, but it wouldn't be too hard to implement. I may take a look at this, if time isn't crucial Smile