Cuberite meetup 2017
I have to say I'd prefer something more in the summer. February and march are quite wet and there's almost nothing else you could do here. In the summer we could do a bit of sightseeing as well, in addition to the meetup - we don't want to sit 12 hours closed in a room, do we?

Of course, dancing events are available all year long Smile
Thanks given by:
I will alter the doodle accordingly
Thanks given by:
Alright, time to have a peek at what we could actually do at the meetup. Do you have an interesting topic you'd like to present to the others? Or at least a topic you'd like to hear a presentation on from someone else? Let's call this a "call for papers".

Here's what talks I could do, if there is interest:
- Optimizing noise (math-heavy presentation about how we managed to boost performance in noise generation several orders of magnitude)
- Interfacing to Lua (How Lua and C/C++ code interacts, first generally, then specifically in Cuberite; how Bindings generation works)
- State of the WorldGen (What Cuberite can generate in the world and how it works internally, somewhat like last year, but more details; also some plans for the future algorithms)
(I expect these to be shorter than the exhausting last year's session, about an hour long)

Some points that would be great to discuss:
- Multiple tick-threads per world - possible or not? What are the current limitations, would the benefits outweigh the effort?

@sphinxc0re do you have an idea on how to track these in a better way than a forum post that gets buried in the middle of the thread?
Thanks given by:
We could also do a hackathon for the LobbyAPI.
Thanks given by:
I guess I will open a GH repo for the meetup anyway and we can track the possibilities in a separate issue
Thanks given by:
https://github.com/cuberite/Meetup2017/issues/1
Thanks given by:
I guess we could also use this etherpad: http://www.yourpart.eu/p/cuberite-meetup-2017
Thanks given by:
Hmmm.... seems like only @NiLSPACE, @xoft and me are attending the meetup... so disappointing
Thanks given by:
And for me that's only over an internet connection :/
Thanks given by:
Okay, I have another proposal: Since there are so few people interested in meeting the developers and maintainers in-person, I think we might be better off doing just a huge skype/mumble/jitsy conference over the course of one weekend. We could do this every year and it wouldn't need much planning. Also if we encounter people which want to meet us in person we can still organize a 'real' conference somewhere.
Thanks given by: