Cannot connect to cuberite (At all)
Exclamation 
I am using Antergos linux, I have the same version of Cuberite running on a old laptop fine (Which is running Ubuntu mate 16.04) ... But when i run Cuberite on this system it loads up perfectly fine without errors, but no matter what i try, i cannot connect to it from the web client or Minecraft client (1.8-1.11) ... I've tried disabling my firewall, Changing the port the server runs on, Trying different Cuberite versions, Using the same version that is running on the live server, Checking my /etc/hosts file to see if Localhost is listed there, And i also checked the logs of Cuberite to see if there were any errors (but there is no trace of a error, other than about getting a HTTPS certificate).

I also cannot find much related to my issue, other than one forum post here on the Cuberite website about a extremely similar issue but rather on a raspberry pi... And i did have this problem before on the same system, But rather with Ubuntu 16.10 (Though with the same kernel, just slightly older... And i've already tested the server with the default kernel)
Thanks given by:
Does the client give any messages? Does the webadmin work? Can you ping the machine where the server is running on?

The HTTPS warning is because you don't have a certififate for the webadmin. This isn't a problem, it just means the webadmin is running in HTTP mode instead of HTTPS.
Thanks given by:
This looks more like an issue in the OS / configuration, than Cuberite itself. First of all, verify that the ports are really open on the machine - use the "netstat -nlat | grep 25565" command to see if the minecraft game port is really open, and on what interfaces.

I'm not sure if Linux is case-sensitive about hostnames, but usually "localhost" is written with lowercase l at the beginning.

Are you trying to connect to the server from the same machine, from another machine on the same LAN, or from the outside internet? If from the same machine, there isn't much that would get in the way, other than the port not really open. If from the same LAN, it could be some firewall issue on either machine (check with "ping" if the machines can see each other, check with wireshark on each where the communication on port 25565 is getting lost). If from the outside internet, it could be really anything, from a firewall to NAT rules to your ISP blocking the port.
Thanks given by:
Im trying to connect using localhost on the same machine, yes. I already have a machine running cuberite on the network, So i don't plan on port forwarding it, Just simply using it as a development server. The client does not give me any messages or any notices in the logs. Im thinking its something to do with my system, but i have not a single clue what it could be
Thanks given by:
So did you try the netstat command? Does it list the port as open on multiple interfaces? Can a client from another machine on your LAN connect?

Did you build your own Cuberite executable, or downloaded it off our build server? If you build your own, you could build another one in Debug mode, then you get more messages in the log relevant to client connections. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions for that.
Thanks given by:
netstat lists:

tcp6 0 0 ::1:631 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 :::25566 :::* LISTEN
tcp6 0 0 :::8080 :::* LISTEN

I guess ill try compiling the server with debug mode, Could i get a link for the instructions on that?
Thanks given by:
It listed only IPv6. If the client tries to connect only via IPv4, then it wouldn't get a connection. If you try "telnet localhost 25565", does it connect? (It won't, of course, have a proper terminal connection, but it's good enough of a quick connectivity test). My telnet even lists what addresses it's actually attempting to use, so that would help, too.

As for the compilation instructions, the COMPILING.md in the repo should get you started: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/blo...MPILING.md
Just substitute Release in the commands with Debug (especially in the cmake line: "cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=DEBUG .."). The executable will be built in the Server subfolder and will be called "Cuberite_debug".

Anyway, since you have the listening sockets, it seems like it's a configuration issue, rather than Cuberite's fault.
Thanks given by:
I've downloaded Cuberite today, and I'm facing the same issue.
Everything else is listening on IPv4, but not Cuberite

After disabling IPv6, Cuberite doesn't listen at all...
Thanks given by: