Mods?!!
Will this server feature Mods?!
Where the server can add like Pixelmon into the server like bukkitforge did?
It'll be an awesome server if it had mods on.
Thanks given by:
The server supports plugins, which can implement a lot of mods' functionalities. But you can't grab a bukkit mod and expect it to work in MCServer, it just won't.
Thanks given by:
(04-14-2015, 06:05 PM)xoft Wrote: The server supports plugins, which can implement a lot of mods' functionalities. But you can't grab a bukkit mod and expect it to work in MCServer, it just won't.

Aww...I really wanted a forge mod to be on the server like bukkitforge did :[
Well that's alright!
Thanks anyways.
Thanks given by:
The internals of MCServer are completely different from Bukkit/Spigot/Forge/Vanilla. Although there isn't much compatibility with these, MCServer's implementation makes it super fast and lightweight, not to mention actually more portable than Java-based servers.
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2015, 01:06 AM)skywindz Wrote:
(04-14-2015, 06:05 PM)xoft Wrote: The server supports plugins, which can implement a lot of mods' functionalities. But you can't grab a bukkit mod and expect it to work in MCServer, it just won't.

Aww...I really wanted a forge mod to be on the server like bukkitforge did :[
Well that's alright!
Thanks anyways.

Hi, I am interested in Forge support in Cuberite and have started developing it, the basic Forge client/server handshake is working in this pull request: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/pull/3869

However, while the Forge mods should continue to be usable unmodified on the client, the server-side components would need to be ported to Lua and Cuberite. This could be an interesting project, but there's a lot of underlying functionality needed first (API for registering new blocks, etc.), and each mod will have to be ported individually.
Thanks given by:
Registering new blocks isn't really required, Cuberite lets every block through even if it has no idea what it is. What we do need though is a way to register custom block entities and entities.
Thanks given by: