Players Inventory
How do you populate the players inventory? I've tried by editing the file players\<playername>.json but that doesn't seem right... and they only work temporary when used...
Thanks given by:
Well, that should work actually.

But what do you mean? Do you want to give players items by using a plugin?
Thanks given by:
Any Items would be great. Right now Inventory is completely empty and I want to remedy that.

When I did change values in <playername>.json the items would appear in the Inventory but when used they would disappear (not from the inventory but from the world).
Thanks given by:
Just chat "/i itemname" like "/i cobblestone" and you'll get that item :O

I don't understand what you mean by the item disappears. When you use an item it Minecraft it's normal that the item disappears from your inventory and is placed in the world.
Thanks given by:
Sorry but I cant get /i itemname to work. It just prints "/i cobblestone" on the screen as if it were a message to the other players... Am I missing a plugin? I've got Core and MagicCarpet loaded according to /pluginlist.

I've been able to get dirt and lava by changing the .json-file. If I create a block of these in the world they appear but after approx 5 secs they disappear again. If I step in the lava I burn...
Thanks given by:
Odd..

But the reason /i does not work is most likely because you do not have permission to use it. You should make yourself admin on the server http://mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=in...ermissions
Thanks given by:
(01-25-2012, 02:21 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: Odd..

But the reason /i does not work is most likely because you do not have permission to use it. You should make yourself admin on the server http://mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=in...ermissions
Yeah, that helps... I didn't setup groups.ini prior to connecting through the mc-client...

Is it possible to populate the inventory automatically for newcomers? I don't want to administrate within mc, only the server-side of things...

(I'm not building the server for myself but for my daughter and I just want to keep things as simple as possible from an administrative point of view..)
Thanks given by:
This is possible by using a plugin that adds items to a player's inventory on connect

Put this code
Code:
    local NewItem = cItem( ItemID, ItemAmount, ItemMeta )
    Player:GetInventory():AddItem( NewItem )

In this hook http://mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=ap...playerjoin

And it should work :O If you want I can create this plugin for you
Thanks given by:
(01-27-2012, 03:05 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: If you want I can create this plugin for you
That would be awesome if you would do that!! Smile

Thanks given by:
Extract this file into your Plugins directory (including the SpawnWithItems directory)

.zip   SpawnWithItems.zip (Size: 717 bytes / Downloads: 254)

Open settings.ini and add NewPlugin=SpawnWithItems in the Plugins header, so it looks something like this
Code:
[Plugins]
NewPlugin=SpawnWithItems

It's important that you grab the latest version of MCServer, since this plugin only works with the latest version
Thanks given by: