Pretty plugins' functions calling
Rainbow 
This code will help to call functions of other plugins, like they're just libraries:
PF={}
local function hasPlugin(name)
 return cPluginManager:DoWithPlugin(name,function(Plugin)
   if Plugin:IsLoaded() then
     return true
   end
   return false
 end)
end
setmetatable(PF,{
 __index=function(s,i)
   if not hasPlugin(i) then
     return nil
   end
   local pluginName=i
   return setmetatable({},{
     __index=function(s,i)
       return function(...)
         cPluginManager:CallPlugin(pluginName,i,...)
       end
     end
   })
 end
})
After adding this file in start of main file, all you need to call functions from other plugins is to call PF.PluginName.FunctionName(...), for example if you need to call a function named "CoolFunction" from plugin named "CoolPlugin", you can do this:
Code:
PF.CoolPlugin.CoolFunction(...)
Thanks given by:
That is a nice hack, however I fear the performance will be terrible.
Thanks given by:
I think perfomance will not be terrible.
Thanks given by:
Compared to calling within a single plugin, it will be much worse. It's not about the Lua plumbing that you put together, it's about the actual inter-plugin call, which is pretty expensive - everything needs to get serialized, wrapped to C++, lock up a mutex for the other Lua state, find the function there, deserialize, call it, and then back the same way for the return values. Wth the mutex locking, it could even potentially create a deadlock.
Thanks given by:
(01-15-2018, 01:19 PM)xoft Wrote: Compared to calling within a single plugin, it will be much worse. It's not about the Lua plumbing that you put together, it's about the actual inter-plugin call, which is pretty expensive - everything needs to get serialized, wrapped to C++, lock up a mutex for the other Lua state, find the function there, deserialize, call it, and then back the same way for the return values. Wth the mutex locking, it could even potentially create a deadlock.

Ok, I know. But it will not much worse than just calling cPluginManager:CallPlugin, I think. This hack is just pretty plugins' function calling, not perfomance hack.
Thanks given by: