new hack for cuberite server owners to watch out for
lol, I setup a cuberite on one of my newer server computers, i avdertised it on PMC.

almost instantly, 2, maybe 3 hackers visited the server. there is some new hack as part of a client that some how lets a rogue player spawn
a creeper. from what i've seen, the offending player tries to play innocent. i got to see it in action with another player, the player punched the air ondce and a creeper spawned and killed him, but also blew up part of the spawn area. the hack causes blocks to act like sand blocks, and they fall to the ground.

This hack hasnt been patched against by the cuberite devs, so keep an eye out peeps.
Thanks given by:
That is interesting, I'd like to see that in action. I somehow doubt it was a hack, that seems unlikely, it's far more likely that the server actually decided to spawn a creeper there on its own (if I remember correctly, we currently spawn mobs anywhere near players, including in their nearest vicinity)
Thanks given by:
Perhaps he managed to get his hands on a spawn egg.

Quote:the hack causes blocks to act like sand blocks, and they fall to the ground.

Are you sure you don't have Physics.TNTShrapnelLevel on in your world.ini?
Thanks given by:
@xoft even in the daytime? nah this was a hack

@NiLSPACE edit: ah yea, its on 2 lol
Thanks given by:
Mob spawning still isn't very good in Cuberite, so it's possible.
Thanks given by:
ah, wierd lol
Thanks given by: