Can't access WebAdmin, connection timeout
Exclamation 
Hello, I am having an issue when I try to open webadmin with the Android cuberite server. When I go to localhost:8978 (by default localhost:8080) it stay a long time to connect and finally I get a timeout error ERR_TIMED_OUT 

I am using a moto z3 play with Android 8.1.0 without root access.

Please help.

Screenshots attached
.png   Screenshot_20180919-213001.png (Size: 94.23 KB / Downloads: 276)
.png   Screenshot_20180919-213457.png (Size: 321.59 KB / Downloads: 283)
Thanks given by:
Strange. Is the Minecraft client able to connect to the server?
Thanks given by:
No, it can't connect, it says "Can't connect to the server"
Thanks given by:
Strange. Perhaps there is a permission messed up. I believe @Cl1608Ho created the Android port, perhaps he knows.
Thanks given by:
This is strange, but I can reproduce it as per commit ee8419701472be9f24c51a41ee7b7ef3cf38f329 (latest master as of now)

However, I have no idea what could cause it. Permission setup is fine (the app requests the internet permission which is non dangerous but a single permission for everything. Selinux can be ruled out because even when I disable it, it does not work. Settings are set correctly (by the app), the log indicates everything working as usual. The server itself is responsive, reacts on console input (however, the app itself has a buffering problem so you see output only after submitting input. But it's there)

Any ideas? (besides checking build logs but I presume those don't contain useful information. Debugging might provie useful but I have no idea where to start.

Basically one of those possible cases.

1. Google quietly introduced a firewall or the likes and stopped all socket binding. We can't do shit in this case
2. The app messed up permissions. Highly unlikely, as exactly the same setup was working on exactly the same device (and target version was not adjusted for over a year probably, so even on newer devices this would not break suddenly.) sorry.
3. Something changed with cuberite's socket binding. I am not that familiar with the intrinsic as well as what changed over the couple months, but the android "port" is simplified just cross compiling for various architectures and a wrapper app that runs the server (and ensures permissions and stuff). No idea how to start debugging this (tho @tigerw might be able to dive into it as he done the actual work for the android port, I merely assisted and made the app itself)

However, I just noticed the app has been unlisted from the play store (because of no updates basically, because of older target version), it's been non compliant with the play store guidelines for _quite a while_ (tho that didn't really make any difference). I kind of consider it legacy, due to differences in general opinion, it's noncompliance as well as several bugs that I was unable to find time to fix. I didn't even expect the builds to actually succeed (but they are!). As a personal note, the general development around minecraft and/or cuberite was rather dissatisfying which was another reason why I didn't push for doing any updates.

I would leave it up to you whether we finally bury it or keep it around. I would recommend getting rid of it if it's not working anymore. I would have recommended it earlier was it not working. Decide whether you ant to keep the android builds as a measure of code quality (however I have no idea if Android isn't in a fully working state but the builds aren't failing, are builds even a good indicator? I'll leave these thoughts to you)
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your help, I will check if I can run the server in a moto G4 plus without Gapps and any Google api, but I don't have any idea for what it's not working, i saw the logs but they don't have any important thing. Anyway thanks.
Thanks given by:
Perhaps try a netstat-like app to see if the ports are actually open. Then my next diagnosis attempt would be to use wireshark on a computer to try capture a client from the computer trying to connect to the andoird device.
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the hint @xoft, I forgot netstat was usable on Android.

Code:
tcp   0   0 :::25565   :::*   LISTEN   14287/Cuberite
tcp   0   0 :::8080    :::*   LISTEN   14287/Cuberite

It appears cuberite is binding to ipv6 but not ipv4 ([::1]:8080 is however timing out as well, that would he localhost over ipv6)
Thanks given by: