Via version
<p>Is there a via version type plugin for cuberite?<br></p>
Thanks given by:
Hello, welcome to the forum.
Can you describe what such a plugin does, for those of us who aren't so knowledgeable about other platforms' plugins? Thanks.
Thanks given by:
We need a bit more information about what the plugin does.
EDIT:
Xoft was faster Wink
Thanks given by:
ViaVersion is a Bukkit plugin that allows newer clients to join outdated servers. There isn't such a plugin for Cuberite.
Thanks given by:
I'd say we have something similar built in - Cuberite supports multiple client versions out of the box, there's no need for a plugin. However, the support is only downwards - you need a newer server for newer clients, there's no way to support newer client on an older server.

All in all, I consider it highly unlikely that such a plugin would be made in foreseeable future. There's not enough API for that right now and making such an API available would be too much of an effort with too little benefit.
Thanks given by:
I know this is an old thread but it's possible to run ViaVersion standalone https://github.com/ViaVersion/VIAaaS this is intended to be used with central instances but with a bit of tweaking you could make it only use one server.
Thanks given by:
There is a way to do this with a proxy, put viaversion in the proxy and connect the proxy to the server and you have it!
Thanks given by: