Getting involved
(09-12-2019, 06:48 PM)xoft Wrote: Is there anything that would have made you aware of those settings before? Something we could improve? Perhaps listing those values at the end of the configure process, as a summary?
I think it's fine, when you mentioned it I hadn't thought much about the tools yet, I wondered how they were built but it wasn't a priority, you telling me was just perfect timing.

A different question, what are your goals for compiler compatibility? My distro comes with clang 8 and cuberite won't compile with that (at least in DEBUG) due to -Werror and -Wextra-semi-stmt (Which is included in some of the other) switches and probably others strewn across the project, and I'm wondering whether it makes sense to create some pull requests to try and fix those.
Thanks given by:
Congratulations on getting involved Smile
Thanks given by:
(09-23-2019, 06:58 AM)xoft Wrote: Congratulations on getting involved Smile
... Thanks - About my question? Or should I make a new thread?

Quote:A different question, what are your goals for compiler compatibility? My distro comes with clang 8 and cuberite won't compile with that (at least in DEBUG) due to -Werror and -Wextra-semi-stmt (Which is included in some of the other) switches and probably others strewn across the project, and I'm wondering whether it makes sense to create some pull requests to try and fix those.
Thanks given by:
Sorry, I missed that question altogether (real life catching up and giving me a headache).

There was a PR to fix the extra semicolons, so I considered it fixed: https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/pull/4346 . If it's still not fixed, we definitely want to support the newest compilers, so PRs to fix any issues will be welcome, as long as they make sense (there has been some discussion about semicolons vs macros in that PR).

What other kinds of errors do you get?
Thanks given by:
Did a check for clang 8. Updated my clang and it's version 8.0.1. Got the same errors that @e14 posted

/home/lukas/cpp/cuberite/src/Protocol/Protocol_1_13.cpp:231:64: error: empty expression statement has no effect;
      remove unnecessary ';' to silence this warning [-Werror,-Wextra-semi-stmt]
        HANDLE_READ(a_ByteBuffer, ReadVarUTF8String, AString, Channel);
                                                                      ^
/home/lukas/cpp/cuberite/src/Protocol/Protocol_1_13.cpp:236:63: error: empty expression statement has no effect;
                HANDLE_READ(a_ByteBuffer, ReadVarUTF8String, AString, Brand);
                                                                            ^
/home/lukas/cpp/cuberite/src/Protocol/Protocol_1_13.cpp:392:64: error: empty expression statement has no effect;
        HANDLE_PACKET_READ(a_ByteBuffer, ReadBEInt16, Int16, ItemType);
                                                                      ^
/home/lukas/cpp/cuberite/src/Protocol/Protocol_1_13.cpp:401:63: error: empty expression statement has no effect;
        HANDLE_PACKET_READ(a_ByteBuffer, ReadBEInt8, Int8, ItemCount);
Thanks given by:
Should be fixed by https://github.com/cuberite/cuberite/pull/4399
Thanks given by:
Yes that corrects it, thanks @Bond_009.
Thanks given by: