change someone's group ingame [Already in core]
maybe can someone create an plugin to change someone's group ingame like /op and /deop in vanile
Thanks given by:
or maybe put it into core plugin
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2012, 11:05 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: or maybe put it into core plugin

for this kind of server you would be changing the users .txt file, when you do that you would have to leave/rejoin and it would be easier to just edit it your self in the server file location =P
Thanks given by:
/op could probably be done easily via AddToGroup in cPlayer.h and some minor file editing. However, I see no lua way of removing in-game players from groups. I guess /deop could kick em but that's not exactly ideal. Maybe I overlooked something?
Thanks given by:
but if you create the plugin that after you ranked somebody that it edits the users.ini and then reloads it??
Thanks given by:
The plugin API is not closed at this moment, so if a plugin writer tells us what they need, they have a pretty good chance of getting it Smile
Which basically means there could be a builtin lua function to move a player to a group, theoretically.

I don't know much about the lua interface code, but from what I've seen, that probably could be done. Still, I think FakeTruth is the ultimate authority here, he's the one who wrote all that interfacing code.
Thanks given by: