Featured downloads - update?
Currently r259 is the latest featured download and the latest source revision is 418. A lot has happend since r259 and to me the current source rev seems quite stable. I would therefore suggest an update to the featured download list so the changes can be more widespread.

Just a thoughtBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Actually I get crashes all the time, so I wouldn't call it stable
Thanks given by:
I don't get that many crashes, but I don't feel the source is ready for a "stable" release, too. In the very least I'd like to fix some multithreading issues that I'm seeing in cWindow usage.
Thanks given by:
cWindow is now more or less thread-safe, in a very basic way.
I have thought about it and I came to agree with tbar - there have been a lot of improvements and the current version deserves to be published, if not as Stable, then at least as a Beta.
I haven't seen MCS crash for quite some time now, so if FakeTruth has some crashes, let him share with us Smile

I'd say the only thing that truly needs fixing before a release is the invisible-players bug (players can't see other players; when they disconnect they can see the players but they don't move etc.) I plan to fix that when I get back home from work today - need two computers to debug that.
Thanks given by:
I can't replicate the player invisibility bug. Someone must have fixed that Smile

So, FakeTruth, what do you say, shall we release a Beta?
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2012, 03:17 AM)xoft Wrote: I can't replicate the player invisibility bug. Someone must have fixed that Smile

I can replicate itTongue But sure, whatever. The server hasn't crashes for a day here
Thanks given by:
(03-20-2012, 07:01 AM)FakeTruth Wrote:
(03-20-2012, 03:17 AM)xoft Wrote: I can't replicate the player invisibility bug. Someone must have fixed that Smile

I can replicate itTongue But sure, whatever. The server hasn't crashes for a day here

im on Rev.425 for 3 weeks, constant up time no down time, means there was no crashes. id say thats good enough for a beta right?
Thanks given by:
Alright, FakeTruth, will you do the honors? It's said that your MSVC 2010 produces faster code than mine 2008 Smile

Remember, for any debugging, we also need the PDBs somewhere, so either keep them safe or make them yet another download. Also would be nice if you compiled in a subst-ed folder, since the PDBs store the entire path to the sources - so let that path be for example "M:\" only
Thanks given by: