Cannot Use server on any minecraft 1.0+
I keep getting a "The server responded with an invalid server key" when ever I try and connect. I have tried connecting with Minecraft 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.3, they all get the same error. Anyone know whats wrong?
Console displays this:

Starting Authenticator...
Starting server...
ServerListenThread
Starting InputThread...
ServerTickThread
Initialization done, server running now.
Client "192.168.1.13" connected!
New ClientHandle created at 01F45A80
Creating a new cSocketThread (currently have 0)
Client "My IP Here (edited)" connected!
New ClientHandle created at 02F0C570
Deleting client ""
ClientHandle at 01F45A80 destroyed
Deleting client ""
ClientHandle at 02F0C570 destroyed
Client "192.168.1.13" connected!
New ClientHandle created at 01F45A80
HANDSHAKE (My ID);192.168.1.13:25565
User "HDmac;192.168.1.13:25565" was sent a handshake
Deleting client "(My ID);192.168.1.13:25565"
ClientHandle at 01F45A80 destroyed
Saving all chunks...

As you can see, I tried connecting a few times with 2 different accounts. (took the liberty of editing personal info out)

I have tried on Windows Vista as well as Windows 7
help?
Thanks given by:
Which version of the server did you use, the official download or one of the nightbuilds? The official download is a bit outdated and should work with client 1.1; the latest nightbuilds work with client 1.2+. I think this issue has been observed in some older versions when there was an error in the settings.ini - a missing value or an invalid value. Unfortunately I don't remember the details anymore.
Thanks given by:
I have tried both r259 and r300
Thanks given by:
Those are the outdated officials.
Can you try the latest nightbuild?
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=354
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, this site is very confusing as to what the latest builds are and where they are located. However I just went to go test r425 and minecraft updated to 1.2.4 now lol, so it wouldn't let me connect. Guess I will wait until the server gets updated again.

Anyway, a suggestion: it is very confusing what the latest builds are and where they are located, also what versions of minecraft those releases support. I downloaded the latest source code intending to work on it and there was no readme or anything inside. I had no idea what release it was or what versions of minecraft it supported. This makes it very hard for someone new to come in and work on the source.

Ok well thanks for the quick reply, I am sure you will see me around in the upcoming weeks as I intend to contribute to the project. I love the concept you have going on here and I am particularly interested to see if I can get MCServer to compile for ARM.
Thanks given by:
(03-23-2012, 05:05 AM)HDmac Wrote: Ah ok, this site is very confusing as to what the latest builds are and where they are located.
It's not confusing, it's simply not listed anywhereTongue (except in that thread) I guess I should list it somewhere on the homepage

(03-23-2012, 05:05 AM)HDmac Wrote: However I just went to go test r425 and minecraft updated to 1.2.4 now lol, so it wouldn't let me connect. Guess I will wait until the server gets updated again.
You know you can simply NOT update...

(03-23-2012, 05:05 AM)HDmac Wrote: Anyway, a suggestion: it is very confusing what the latest builds are and where they are located, also what versions of minecraft those releases support. I downloaded the latest source code intending to work on it and there was no readme or anything inside. I had no idea what release it was or what versions of minecraft it supported. This makes it very hard for someone new to come in and work on the source.
What would you need a readme for? :S The latest source works with the latest minecraft version, because that's what we work with. I'll be updating it to 1.2.4 now.

(03-23-2012, 05:05 AM)HDmac Wrote: Ok well thanks for the quick reply, I am sure you will see me around in the upcoming weeks as I intend to contribute to the project. I love the concept you have going on here and I am particularly interested to see if I can get MCServer to compile for ARM.
Great, don't be shy on the forumsTongue
Thanks given by: