some "bugs"
Hello, I have tried mcserver. Looks good, bud have found some "bugs" or unimplemented features.

- Very long wait during "downloading terrain"
- a lot of error messages in server log (maybe previous issue):

example:
[a15ea700|15:52:31] Error -5 decompressing data for chunk [6, -9]
[a15ea700|15:52:31] Error -5 decompressing data for chunk [5, -8]
[a15ea700|15:52:31] Error -5 decompressing data for chunk [6, -9]

- on the ground are mushrooms and flowers, I think that replace mushroom with grass will be better
- crafting table does not work
- from any sapling grow only one type of tree, no redwood etc.
- is possible to write during startup which version of minecraft is server compatible? (for example MC 1.2.3)
- buttons and levers wont work

Is there some TODO, what features are unimplented yet?

btw terrain generator is more realistic and better than bukkit, thanks!

Thanks given by:
huh crafting table does work. but not everything is implented like trapdoors.
Thanks given by:
Please include the version of the server you're using. The official downloads are rev 259 or rev 300, nightbuilds are available for Windows for the current development snapshots, at this time it's rev 433.

Crafting table should be working, if it doesn't, we need to investigate more deeply.

Compatibility is a good idea, I'll push that into the source now. Revisions ~250 up to about 350 are compatible with 1.1 clients; revisions ~350 up until 430 are compatible with 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 clients, revisions from 430 onwards are compatible with 1.2.4 clients.

Terrain generation is currently being reworked, that will include the mushroom and flower stuff Smile

Unfortunately there's no centralized place for "the roadmap". We're somewhat "understaffed", two active developers only right now, so each of us just does what's the most painful issue at hand. Of course the primary goal is to keep MCServer stable, which we seem to have accomplished, more or less. Now we're working on the quirks, such as terrain generation throttling client throughput (that's probably your "long wait during downloading terrain"), lighting being done wrongly and inefficiently etc. Once we have those issues gone, we can start paying more attention to the finer details, such as buttons and levers.
Thanks given by:
sweet, cant wait till full intergration, every day brings us closer and closer
Thanks given by:
can't wait to see the new terain generator Smile
Thanks given by:
Me too Smile
Thanks given by:
(03-27-2012, 04:12 AM)xoft Wrote: Me too Smile

Smile
but i still don't get it Sad
wil there be biomes in the new generator?? Wink
Thanks given by:
"the new generator" will actually not be a single generator. It will be a set of rules and you could choose how to combine them. So you could have biomes, but you didn't have to if you didn't want.

I have a biome generation code that currently looks like this. It needs a few tweaks but I think it's a good start Smile
[Image: biometest2.png]
Thanks given by:
AWSOME GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I compile from source (svn repository) i think 1 week ago.

Thanks for your very long reply, I think future of minecraft is C++ or anything better than java :-)

(03-27-2012, 03:39 AM)xoft Wrote: Please include the version of the server you're using. The official downloads are rev 259 or rev 300, nightbuilds are available for Windows for the current development snapshots, at this time it's rev 433.

Crafting table should be working, if it doesn't, we need to investigate more deeply.

Compatibility is a good idea, I'll push that into the source now. Revisions ~250 up to about 350 are compatible with 1.1 clients; revisions ~350 up until 430 are compatible with 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 clients, revisions from 430 onwards are compatible with 1.2.4 clients.

Terrain generation is currently being reworked, that will include the mushroom and flower stuff Smile

Unfortunately there's no centralized place for "the roadmap". We're somewhat "understaffed", two active developers only right now, so each of us just does what's the most painful issue at hand. Of course the primary goal is to keep MCServer stable, which we seem to have accomplished, more or less. Now we're working on the quirks, such as terrain generation throttling client throughput (that's probably your "long wait during downloading terrain"), lighting being done wrongly and inefficiently etc. Once we have those issues gone, we can start paying more attention to the finer details, such as buttons and levers.

Crafting table does not work with creative mode, in survival mode worked.

Is posible add logging to file for example server.log ?

Thanks very much.

Thanks given by: