New minecraft version. (1.15)
1 is wet sponge and 2 is not used.
Thanks given by:
Will we be able to use it? Will the client survive placing such a block?
Thanks given by:
PISTON_MOVING? It's even invisible.

Or a sign with the text, [READ ONLY]. Surely Gallery can do that.
Thanks given by:
We don't want invisible, we need to be able to visually inspect where the block is. And sign is not good because it cannot be placed mid-air. I was thinking about the new Barrier block, I seem to recall that it was possible to view it somehow (when you have another barrier block in hand, perhaps?) but can't find the info anymore. It'd be perfect otherwise - is translucent, so grass won't revert to dirt under it, and can be toggled visible / invisible (?).
Thanks given by:
Yea I think you could see it if you have an barrier block in your hand.
Thanks given by:
(07-25-2014, 10:48 PM)xoft Wrote: We don't want invisible, we need to be able to visually inspect where the block is. And sign is not good because it cannot be placed mid-air. I was thinking about the new Barrier block, I seem to recall that it was possible to view it somehow (when you have another barrier block in hand, perhaps?) but can't find the info anymore. It'd be perfect otherwise - is translucent, so grass won't revert to dirt under it, and can be toggled visible / invisible (?).

You can see the barrier block only in creative mode.
Thanks given by:
Hm, the barrier block is pretty useless, it takes ages for it to become visible, and it's only visible within a small area around the player Sad
Thanks given by:
Then what about bedrock? Are there any structures that have bedrock?
Thanks given by:
I've just tried "sponge:2" with 1.7.10 and it has no problems whatsoever with it, so we could use that.
Unfortunately, I think the blocktype merger has to work even when it's called for areas without metas, so it will still consider all the sponges as the NOP block. I guess that's good enough for me.
Thanks given by:
Mojang will release 1.8 on September 2.
Thanks given by: