Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(05-01-2013, 10:45 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: My Worldedit plugin is working greatBig Grin not that it is finished, but it is super fastBig Grin i am using cBlockArea Smile
if you want to try it here is the github link: https://github.com/STRWarrior/WorldEdit
Smile Looks awesone! Maybe it can replace CuboidPlus (that works thanks to you). Later I'll try it.
Thanks given by:
I received my first job offer related to my work on MCServer Smile))
A friend of mine has a few public MC servers and wants me to write a tool for server admins to help recover worlds that somehow got bugged (bad block ID); and he's offered a paypal "motivation" for that tool Smile
That's how open-source should be done. It's free, but if you like it, use it or want something extra, motivate Smile
Thanks given by:
aaah i'm stuck :S i am trying to make copy and paste work but i keep getting an error:
Quote:[16:06:45] cChunk::WriteBlockArea(): unsupported datatype request, can write only types + metas (0x3), requested 0x0. Ignoring
i use this code to load a schematic:
BlockArea:LoadFromSchematicFile( "Schematics/" .. Split[3] .. ".Schematic" )
this to copy:
BlockArea:Read( World, OneX, TwoX, OneY, TwoY, OneZ, TwoZ )
and this to paste it:
BlockArea:Write( Player:GetWorld(), Player:GetPosX(), Player:GetPosY(), Player:GetPosZ() )

but i can still use the schematics file i create in MCEdit.
Thanks given by:
you need a fifth parameter to Write():
BlockArea:Write(Player:GetWorld(), Player:GetPosX(), Player:GetPosY(), Player:GetPosZ(),  baTypes or baMetas);
Thanks given by:
Realy? for my //set command i didn't need that ;O

now i get:
Quote:LUA: Plugins/WorldEdit/main.lua:39: error in function 'Write'. argument #6 is 'nil'; '[no object]' expected
Thanks given by:
Hmm, really, the extra parameter is not needed, because when missing, it should default to "baTypes or baMetas". The error you were getting was because it should've been "cBlockArea.baTypes or cBlockArea.baMetas", my mistake, sorry.

Anyway, the original error is caused by the BlockArea not containing the proper datatypes. After loading or reading the area, try to see what datatypes it is holding (cBlockArea:GetDataTypes()), it should be equal to 3, which means blocktypes and blockmetas. If not, there's an error either in your loading or reading code, or in MCServer's handling of those. Try to pinpoint where the datatypes value gets lost.
Thanks given by:
when i do "print(BlockArea:GetDataTypes())" it says 0 but when i do "print(BlockArea:GetDataTypes())" after BlockArea:LoadFromSchematicFile(....) it says 3
Thanks given by:
So when exactly does it go from 0 to 3?
Thanks given by:
i can only think of one thing, before the //paste command it does BlockArea = cBlockArea()
EDIT:
YEA it worksBig Grin i put the BlockArea = cBlockArea() in the initialize function only now Wink
Thanks given by:
look what i've found while working on the /descend and /ascend commands:    

Oh god i have to recreate my world Wink      
Thanks given by: