Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I'm not really a fan of password managers (though I do want to try it out). I simply don't like it that there is a program monitoring all my passwords. What if there is a leak in the program? There was one discovered not too long ago in LastPass that could be used remotely.
Thanks given by:
The difference with LastPass is that they store it on their own servers iirc. KeePassX saves them in an encrypted file on your own computer, and only you can decide what to do with it. As long as your computer doesn't get hacked, your passwords won't get hacked. It helps that KeePassX is FOSS, so you can see exactly what it's doing if you want.
Thanks given by:
Just noticed that the github organization settings page has an audit log that shows approximate locations to each action, letting us guess at each user's location.
https://github.com/organizations/cuberit.../audit-log
@NiLSPACE are you visiting the US? Or just using a proxy / vpn?
Thanks given by:
No, I'm on an island in The Netherlands: https://www.google.nl/maps/@53.3788793,5.3584923,12.35z
Thanks given by:
Ooh you seriously live on Terschelling? Now that is cool! Do (or did) you go to school/college by ferry?
Thanks given by:
No, I'm just on a holiday Wink I'm returning this Saturday. Sad
Thanks given by:
Ooh haha. Still cool, but I'm a bit dissapointed now Wink I've been to Texel several times, it's weird, everything is so... different but still the same? Towns are small, lots and lots of sheep, weird looking like they're only half-built houses, etc.
Thanks given by:
Over a month ago I lost my first Syma X5C to strong wind and inexperienced control, it just flew away and I couldn't see whether it fell in the trees or into the wheat field behind them; searched for it for three hours and nothing.

Yesterday they harvested the field, and sure enough, there was my Syma. Driven over by the harvester, covered in mud, full of wheat chaff, but found:
[Image: _20160815_220123.jpg]
Amazing that the only damage by the harvester's blades was to the landing skids, the drone itself survived intact, and after cleaning it, it flies againBig Grin So now I have two copters (but only a single remote, it's rather fun to fly both drones at the same time using the same remote Smile )
Thanks given by:
I'd say, great to have it back! 

It's amazing what these things can survive, it's like they can go even through a harvester if you are lucky but if they fall once on the wrong side (from one meter height) they are instantly broken (what I experienced). Typical built-in obsolescence

Edit: wait, do these drones have a camera? It would be really neat if you can use one control, two drones and two cameras to let your pc render a stereo 3d image (live) combine that with something like an oculus rift and you are good to go on a digital ride on two drones
Thanks given by:
Yes, they can have a camera, I even have a whole FPV system. Unfortunately, controlling two drones with the same remote is impossible, because each one has slightly different characteristics and so they get de-synced really quickly. I wasn't able to fly them both for more than few seconds. A 3D image would be much easier to get using one drone with two cameras.
Thanks given by: