Random Chitchat 2012-2016
@xoft You might also like to learn about the new End generation. Instead of a single island where the dragon spawns, then empty space, and finally small end islands start generating: http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/File:Ende...Render.jpg
Thanks given by:
I've seen the revamped End already, and it fits nicely with our Structure generator - it should be possible to add the "towers" without changing a single line of C++ code. As for the islands, that's gonna take some headscratching, but we should be able to make it work. The woodland mansion and underwater monument are a different beast, they will need a different approach to generating than the current Structure generator. Most likely it will still use prefabs with connectors, but instead of growing a tree-like structure, it will have to fill a predefined volume.
Thanks given by:
Coincidentally this popped up on Reddit. I don't think we can use it for the end islands though.
Thanks given by:
It might be possible to adapt it, but I don't think it's worth it, there will be better algorithms for our usage pattern.
Thanks given by:
10000 commits!
Thanks given by:
YAY for us! Here's to another ten thousand, cheers!
Thanks given by:
Congratulations everyone!
Thanks given by:
The API docs have not generated since November 6 for some reason.
Thanks given by:
API failed to update because I upgraded my Linux box (responsible for the uploads) and the new clang failed to compile the source, there were multiple errors-from-warnings (PR #3431, PR #3430). I'm doing a manual build now to see if they helped.
Thanks given by:
Done, it should be working again.
Thanks given by: