Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(10-26-2013, 08:05 PM)bearbin Wrote: it's just been renamed to out... derp

There is nothing in the 'out' folder.
Thanks given by:
That's the idea: anything in the res folder is copied to out on compile.
Thanks given by:
I hate API changes, you have broken all plugins using cIniFile. Older plugins don't work, updated plugins don't work too. I get this error with latest Core:
[21:00:48] LUA: 2 - Plugins/Core/main.lua:96: error in function 'ReadFile'.
argument #2 is 'string'; 'boolean' expected.

[21:00:48] Error in plugin Core calling function Initialize()
[21:00:48] Error in plugin Core: Cannot call the Initialize() function. Plugin i
s temporarily disabled.
Thanks given by:
It looks like you only updated the Core and not MCServer itself. Try redownloading and recompiling MCServer.
Thanks given by:
Oh, you're right.I downloaded it from xoft site so maybe it was not updated.
Thanks given by:
I think xoft's site uploads a new version twice a day, so it propably didn't update yet Wink
Thanks given by:
Yes, api changes hurt for a while, but it's better to suffer a few days of a change than to suffer months from bad api.

My nightbuilds are built twice a day indeed, so you might have caught the bad moment. But you should use the Core plugin provided in the build itself, that should work.
Thanks given by:
(06-19-2013, 05:00 AM)xoft Wrote: MCServer has nothing to do with this, it's Mojang's servers being nonresponsive.

I'm fixing the TNTs now and just for fun tried to explode some 3000 TNTs. The server didn't even wink, but the client almost diedTongue

I'd say we'll need some form of an explosion effect limiter - if there are too many explosion particles being sent to a client, it would silently drop them.

A crude explosion-packet limiter is finished. I'd say it's effective enough, no need to work on anything more advanced. We're successfully masquerading as higher performance thanks to this Smile

I think the explosion packet limiter is causing some problems, namely that TNT explodes without an explosion if it gets lit my another explosion.
Thanks given by:
It was an interesting day at school: [Image: stxy61son67ehoxfg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahaha, niceBig Grin
Thanks given by: