Random Chitchat 2012-2016
We've come back from a vacation in the Czech Paradise area, and, boy, I wish I could make this into a MC generator Smile
[Image: raj.jpg]
Thanks given by:
:O I've been there on my school trip (Look the same rockBig Grin): [Image: 2ieyr2x4ev9kyuhfg.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yup. It's a beautiful place.
Thanks given by:
You could always add a tectonic simulator module to the terrain generator.
Thanks given by:
Not really, it would mess up the trees.
Thanks given by:
Tree it up after tectonics? Anyway, it's a joke.Tongue
Thanks given by:
It's not about *after* or *before*, it's about neighbors. Trees need their chunk neighbors in order to check if they fit; but they only ask for terrain composition, they do not (and cannot) ask for terrain after structure generators - because that would include the trees in that chunk, too.
That's also the reason why you won't find a tree growing in a ravine or a cave that has broken surface.
Thanks given by:
Okay, but why not do the tectonics in the terrain generator, so they aren't a structure?
Thanks given by:
Because then they'd be tied to a specific terrain composition generator, so you couldn't turn them on or off separately, or use them with another terrain composition generator.
Thanks given by:
I tried making the skeleton shoot arrows but It doesn't work. It does compile but you can't see an arrow flying from the skeleton. Any help?:
void cSkeleton::Attack(float a_Dt)
{
	m_AttackInterval += a_Dt * m_AttackRate;
	if ((m_Target != NULL) && (m_AttackInterval > 3.0))
	{
		Vector3d Speed = GetLookVector() * 30;
		cArrowEntity * Arrow = new cArrowEntity(this, GetPosX(), GetPosY(), GetPosZ(), Speed);
		if (Arrow == NULL)
		{
			return;
		}
		if (!Arrow->Initialize(m_World))
		{
			delete Arrow;
			return;
		}
		m_World->BroadcastSpawnEntity(*Arrow);
	}
}

I found out that the function doesn't get called. Any idea why? I did add it in skeleton.h using
virtual void Attack(float a_Dt) override;
Thanks given by: