Random Chitchat 2012-2016
That sounds pretty cool! Now to find out what the -rdynamic flag doesTongue
Thanks given by:
I think the current spoiler plugin in Mybb doesn't realy work Wink For example if you see the page for my Chatter plugin and press the spoiler button the page kinda gets messed up. Maybe try to change it to one of these?:
Thanks given by:
To quote from the GNU GCC Manual :

Quote:-rdynamic
Pass the flag -export-dynamic to the ELF linker, on targets that support it. This instructs the linker to add all symbols, not only used ones, to the dynamic symbol table. This option is needed for some uses of dlopen or to allow obtaining backtraces from within a program.
Thanks given by:
Sounds innocent enough, I'll turn it on and we'll see. I'll also turn Lua into a DLL on windows, even in release builds. Then we'll see if people can get their luarocks working.

Pushed to the repo. Now I need someone (preferably with linux) brave enough to actually test it Smile Compile, install luarocks ("apt-get install luarocks"), then install the luasocket and 30log rocks ("luarocks install luasocket", "luarocks install 30log"). There's a new mockup plugin, TestLuaRocks, that you can use to test whether it works.
Thanks given by:
Well, I've been trying to do it on my mac, but I have lua 5.2, and that's causing all sorts of trouble, but only when trying to load stuff from the plugin. It keeps trying to find /usr/local/share/lua/5.1 when /usr/local/share/lua/5.2 is the only one that exists. Trying to find a work around.

Also, I had to fool around with the source code for luarocks and change some of the command line arguments for wget.

Yeah, not having a lot of luck with it on my mac. I got 30log working, but now lua socket is complaining about not being able to load 'socket.core'.

Did you run into any of these issues?
Thanks given by:
I ran into the socket.core issue on windows, but that was because the luarocks is broken on windows - it tries to use cygwin paths (unix-style) even when it's compiled for native windows, therefore it can't load the socket.core DLL.

Is there any way you can install lua 5.1 on your system? That should fix the issue.

*or*, what if you remove Lua from MCS sources altogether and add a "-llua" linker switch to the makefile? I suppose that should compile MCS with your system's Lua libraries. Not sure if there's any compatibility issues between Lua 5.1 and 5.2 though.
Thanks given by:
Yeah. I just reverted to 5.1 and it works. Though I did get one error, but that was not because of luarocks. It works great!
Thanks given by:
Oh no! It seems that by moving Lua to a DLL, we have lost the ability to debug in Decoda IDE. The server crashes when run from Decoda.
Thanks given by:
Look what I have created Smile Thanks LuaBig Grin
[Image: 5CSUD.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice looking swampland, if I see that correctly. Though it looks like you have a few lillypads sitting on top of grass blocks.
Thanks given by: