Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Looks nice, and the performance seems great.
Thanks given by:
Seems like my desktop is slowly dying.
I came back from work today and it greeted me with VGA-only desktop - 800 x 600, 4-bit colors. I had to restart it, after all those months... I guess running 24/7 takes its toll on the hardware.
Thanks given by:
Sad

But 24/7 is normally better for hardware, no thermal stress of turning off and on all the time.
Thanks given by:
(06-28-2014, 03:30 AM)bearbin Wrote: Sad

But 24/7 is normally better for hardware, no thermal stress of turning off and on all the time.

A PC isnĀ“t a light bulb, running 24/7 will reduce it's lifetime, also, the desktop versions of windows needs a restart from time to time. You need at least high-quality desktop hardware, when you want, that it run 24/7.

I would use a intel platform with a 3. party NVidia grafic card (ASUS/MSI ect.).
And a power supply from "Be Quiet!".
Thanks given by:
I'll just say that I suspect the need for restarts is due to buggy nVidia drivers, they just push forward with performance hacks disregarding all stability and usability issues.
Thanks given by:
I have actually been running different pc's for years for 24/7.. yes running windows.
2 on windows xp and one on windows server 2008 advance, though they no longer exist now.
and am currently running a windows 7 home premium box for about a month without any problem.
Thanks given by:
@xoft AMD is stable. I've been running an AMD card for years and the only time its caused a problem is when I load buggy openCL kernels on to it Smile.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2014, 03:11 AM)daniel0916 Wrote: Do anybody know why i need to include the cpp file? I think only headers should be included. When i don't include it there is this error:
Connection.cpp:338: undefined reference to `cProtocol172::cProtocol172(cConnection*)'
I don't mean the MCServer Code. I mean the MCProxy code from me.
https://github.com/daniel0916/MCProxy/tree/development
The last two commits for the compiling.

I have still this problem.

(And when i compile my development branch there came everytime in Protocol18x.cpp the error: "first defined here".)
I think this is fixed with the first problem.
Thanks given by:
Daniel, you need to add the cpp file to your project, so that the linker sees it, too.
Thanks given by:
But i add there all cpp and header files...
https://github.com/daniel0916/MCProxy/bl...ts.txt#L12

Or forgot i something?
Thanks given by: