Random Chitchat 2012-2016
In the new 1.8 snapshots the chunk won't be compressed. All packets are uncompressed or all packets are compressed not only the Chunk Data. They allowed the compression for the whole protocol. So i will make for the support all packets uncompressed.
Thanks given by:
Something coverity just picked up. The EulerToVector function seems to suggest it should be called with the coords in the order XYZ, yet almost every call passes them in the order ZYX. Anyone know why?
Thanks given by:
I suppose it could be because MineCraft uses the wrong coord names, the rest of the world uses different axis labels, and the EulerToVector function is written using rest-of-the-world style.
Thanks given by:
Ok. Perhaps we just stick t using one of the two styles. Perhaps Minecraft style since that's what the rest of the codebase uses?
Thanks given by:
Damn, I tried moving those posts into a separate thread, but failed miserably Sad
Done, moved into a separate thread:
https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=1532
Thanks given by:
Great, OhLoh reports that we removed some code Smile
June code lines: 139806
July code lines: 139571

Source: https://www.ohloh.net/p/mc-server/analys...es_summary
Thanks given by:
We could use c++11 constructor Inheritance. There's a couple of Blockhandlers that would be incredibly short with that and the mixins. For example
Code:
class cBlockRedstoneLampHandler :
    public cClearMetaOnDrop<cBlockHandler>
{
    using cClearMetaOnDrop<cBlockHandler>::cClearMetaOnDrop<cBlockHandler>;
};
Thanks given by:
If VS2013 supports that, we can go there once we all upgrade Smile
Thanks given by:
Doesn't look like it does. VS2013 is missing a significant amount of c++11. And it doesn't look like VS14 will be C++11 compliant either. Which is a shame as both gcc and clang are 100% compliant (minus optional gc support).
Thanks given by:
Is August/September still the scheduled time for upgrading? If so I'm going to be offline for a couple of weeks so starting upgrading bits of the codebase on a branch would be something that I could start on.
Thanks given by: