Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I cannot use an OEM version, since my computer is already built, I need a full box version. And since I need the Remote Desktop functionality, I need the Pro version.
I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-...B00EDSI8HW but it doesn't say if it's OEM or full box and it won't ship to my address (Czech Republic).
Thanks given by:
Oh okay, that's bad. Or you use linux like me...

Can you help me with the enum error? I can't find a solution.
Thanks given by:
You cannot put a default value for a parameter that is passed by a reference - because references mean that the function can change the value, and it cannot change the value of a constant.
Depending on what you want to do, you should either remove the reference from the last parameter (so the caller will pass in constants), or remove the default value (so the caller can receive values from the callee through this variable).
Thanks given by:
Okay, i will change the value who is defined in this method in the method. So i need a reference. But i can't set a default value when it's a reference. But how can i make it then?
Or isn't there a method to use reference with a default value?

Edit: I removed now the default value and the error is fixed.
Now i have only one error:
error: no matching function for call to ‘cPacketModifier::Run(cPacketModifier::ePacketSide, UInt32&, UInt32&, UInt32&, cByteBuffer&, cByteBuffer&, cPacketModifier::ePacketSide&)’

And the Code is:
Code:
cPacketModifier::ePacketSide PacketStreamSide = cPacketModifier::E_SERVER_PACKET;
        m_PacketModifier->Run(cPacketModifier::E_CLIENT_PACKET, PacketType, PacketLen, PacketReadSoFar, m_ClientBuffer, ToServer, PacketStreamSide);

Code:
void Run(ePacketSide a_PacketSide, UInt32 a_PacketID, cByteBuffer & a_InputStream, cByteBuffer & a_OutputStream, ePacketSide & a_PacketStreamSide);

I think why it isn't a reference. But i can't build a reference because when i use this: "cPacketModifier::ePacketSide & PacketStreamSide = cPacketModifier::E_SERVER_PACKET;" E_SERVER_PACKET isn't ePacketSide&
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2014, 07:26 PM)xoft Wrote: I cannot use an OEM version, since my computer is already built, I need a full box version. And since I need the Remote Desktop functionality, I need the Pro version.
I found this: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Windows-...B00EDSI8HW but it doesn't say if it's OEM or full box and it won't ship to my address (Czech Republic).
Why not use windows 7 instead of windows 8?
I'm using an OEM version on my PC, too. (I build it myself)
The difference between the OEM and the Retail version is, that the OEM version
includes only a 32 or 64 bit Version of Windows on the DVD and that is doesn't include a manuel and fancy packaging.
Thanks given by:
OEM is only legal for newly built computers. You cannot buy it for a computer that is already built and is running another version of windows, you need a Retail version for that. I don't care about manual and packaging.
Win7 is cheaper, but I wanted to give Win8 a try; after all it is expected to behave better with SSD drives.
Thanks given by:
Daniel, you seem to have very poor understanding of references. You'll have to read up about them, what they are and what they are used for. For now, just use direct values as the parameters and it will all work.
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2014, 10:18 PM)xoft Wrote: OEM is only legal for newly built computers. You cannot buy it for a computer that is already built and is running another version of windows, you need a Retail version for that. I don't care about manual and packaging.
Win7 is cheaper, but I wanted to give Win8 a try; after all it is expected to behave better with SSD drives.
You can buy OEM versions of Windows in Germany, without buying a new PC. It's 100% legal here.
https://translate.google.de/translate?sl...t=&act=url
Thanks given by:
Unfortunately what is legal in Germany is not relevant to me in Czech Republic, I need to adhere to the laws here. Additionally, a German OS won't be much use to me, I don't speak the language good enough to understand the entire OSTongue
Thanks given by:
(10-04-2014, 11:35 PM)xoft Wrote: Additionally, a German OS won't be much use to me, I don't speak the language good enough to understand the entire OSTongue
You know, that you can install different languages with windows update?
Is it illegal for you to use an OEM licence, or just to sell it?
Thanks given by: