Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Ugh.. Our teacher front-end said we needed a webhost in the beginning of the year, but didn't say a specific date. Now he suddenly says we need the webhost today. Do you guys mind if I add a folder in the gh-pages for my project? Only people who look at github will see that it exists, and I will remove it immediately when I get my webhost.
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2014, 10:01 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: Ugh.. Our teacher front-end said we needed a webhost in the beginning of the year, but didn't say a specific date. Now he suddenly says we need the webhost today. Do you guys mind if I add a folder in the gh-pages for my project? Only people who look at github will see that it exists, and I will remove it immediately when I get my webhost.

What are the requirements for the web host?
Thanks given by:
Eventually we need PHP and MYSql, but we don't need that for our current project.

But xoft already helped me out Smile
Thanks given by:
Try Hostinger. http://www.hostinger.co.uk
It has automatic activation.
Its a good free webhost wich hosts my inactive website
It supports latest php/html/mysql
Thanks given by:
Does it also advertise on the website? Our teachers want the application developers to use a paid host because the host won't advertise on it.
Thanks given by:
(10-31-2014, 12:17 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: Does it also advertise on the website? Our teachers want the application developers to use a paid host because the host won't advertise on it.
It doesnt, just see my website. And its written in the main page.

Also, you can maybe even try to get a haphost free 128 mb vps and host it there for better website performance.
Thanks given by:
The best web host I've found is NearlyFreeSpeech.net - it's a paid host, but you can get a year of a static (non-php) site for less than $0.25, and a MySQL/PHP site for $1 a month, and the performance is excellent.
Thanks given by:
(10-31-2014, 12:56 AM)bearbin Wrote: The best web host I've found is NearlyFreeSpeech.net - it's a paid host, but you can get a year of a static (non-php) site for less than $0.25, and a MySQL/PHP site for $1 a month, and the performance is excellent.
https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/services/hosting
Base Charge: $0.01 / day
Bandwidth: $0.15-$0.25 / GiB
Storage: $1.00 / GiB-month
Resources: $0.01 / 3.25-RAUs*
what is this?
Thanks given by:
That's how much the service costs.
Thanks given by:
I used bplaced 1 year ago.
Thanks given by: