Random Chitchat 2012-2016
We've got some really bad threading issues with entity management in the world, especially with players. There's no locking around players disconnecting from the world and being removed etc. This will need an in-depth analysis and proper fixing.
Thanks given by:
What about making a freeze? This should give us time for fixing errors.
Thanks given by:
Making a freeze? What do you mean?
Thanks given by:
We stop the further development of MCServer and reject every new feature for a while. This is a common method in software development. After making this freeze (Mostly a sticky post in the forum) we are able to make deeeep fixes in the code without worrying about new stuff coming in.
Thanks given by:
Happy birthday SphinxC0reBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Thank youBig Grin but I think you are in another timezone than me because in my country it's still the 3rdBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Oh, a feature freeze. I don't think that'll help much. There aren't many people who could actually touch the very internals of MCS that need to be fixed. And there's not much that new features could collide with anyway, so if the other contributors continue adding "small" features such as new generators, gameplay elements, even the simulators, it still won't conflict. It's not like we need to throw out half the codebase and write it anew, it's specific areas that need to be revised, the development could continue around it.
Thanks given by:
I tried fixing a problem in the Core's webchat where you can't send certain characters, but it seems like the problem isn't in the Core. When there is an equal symbol in the chat message the whole post param is skipped. (Request.PostParams["ChatMessage"] == nil)
Thanks given by:
Could be that there's a problem in the HTMLFormParser.
Thanks given by:
This enderman has been staring at this house for over 10 minutes. Even after hitting him, he just heads back to the house and keeps staring.
[Image: 2zpkw9s.jpg]
I'm not sure if he's staring in awe at our generated houses, or is seriously confused.Tongue
Thanks given by: