Random Chitchat 2012-2016
So I wasn't the only one who noticed Smile
Thanks given by:
Nope, there is suddenly so much to read.
Normally i check once a day, to notice 1 or 2 posts or none sometimes.
Now i check twice a day to try and keep up.
Thanks given by:
Small question about cPlayer:GetUUID()
The documentation says the string could be empty if a player doesn't have a Mojang account. Does that mean that if a player has a cracked account he won't have an UUID?
Thanks given by:
No, cracked account are allowed only when the server is in offline mode, and in such a case the players get assigned a server-local hash instead of an UUID. Of course this doesn't protect from name-changers, but at least the system is still functional.

What the note means that it is possible that some future players may not have IDs at all - players such as server-side bots (NPCs). I'm not sure if we'll go that way, though, we may assign a server-local hash to such players, too. I guess You can safely ignore this remark; all my plugins ignore it as well.
Thanks given by:
Thanks,

Now another question. When I wrote the Login plugin a while back the md5 plugin returned a normal string, but now it returns something compressed or something. I know the md5 function was changed to use polarssl, so is there any chance we could have it return a normal string as well?
Thanks given by:
So, is it possible to create a player instance from a plugin? A PvP AI would be the coolest thing ever.
Thanks given by:
@STR I guess the old md5 function returned the string in hex form? It now returns the raw binary data obtained by md5-ing. It should be pretty straightforward to convert the new one to the old one (use gsub to replace each character with its hex form); on the other hand we might just add a new API function, md5HexString(), that would do the conversion.

I'll do it, I wanted to do SHA1 anyway, so it'll be a nice piece of an addition.

@DiamondToaster: It's not currently possible, the cPlayer class is too dependent on the cClientHandle class, but it is a feature that is in the backlog (somewhere really far, but it's there Smile )
Thanks given by:
(02-21-2015, 11:02 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: So, is it possible to create a player instance from a plugin? A PvP AI would be the coolest thing ever.

Yeah, we're not there yet. I'm starting an AI plugin, but there are some hooks and function calls in the main server that we still need.

This is a volunteer program, we all have lives. I'm a total newbie in this project (and environment) and the guys that do the brunt of the work are -- well, doing the brunt of the work when they can. Smile

But again, yes ... that is the direction the project is going down.
Thanks given by:
@STR: Added in the CryptoHashAPI branch, here's the PR: https://github.com/mc-server/MCServer/pull/1758
I exported the functions in a new namespace, cCryptoHash, to avoid global namespace pollution. The old global md5 function is unchanged in functionality, but will log a warning that it is obsolete.
Thanks given by:
(02-21-2015, 05:58 PM)wudles Wrote:
(02-21-2015, 11:02 AM)DiamondToaster Wrote: So, is it possible to create a player instance from a plugin? A PvP AI would be the coolest thing ever.

Yeah, we're not there yet. I'm starting an AI plugin, but there are some hooks and function calls in the main server that we still need.

This is a volunteer program, we all have lives. I'm a total newbie in this project (and environment) and the guys that do the brunt of the work are -- well, doing the brunt of the work when they can. Smile

But again, yes ... that is the direction the project is going down.

You guys take your time. Tongue I can definately wait. The progress you guys have already made is absolutely amazing. If it wasn't for lack of Forge support (I know that's a bit impossible), This would be the ONLY piece of Minecraft related software I would ever touch. Keep up the awesome work!
Thanks given by: