Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Just be aware you have to rewrite half of cChunkGenerator to support batches. But if you get out of process generating, I had at least two or three projects which I dropped due the maintenance impact of having multiple implementations of the generators. Personally, I thought a DSL was the best way to go, but xoft didn't want to learn a lisp Smile.

Also, the file storage code is basically tied to Cuberite. cFastNBT could probably be extracted, but cWSSAnvil depends on half the server.
Thanks given by:
Also, specifically on the generator, if it was a separate process, a language like julia, octave or numpy would have significant advantages to writing the generator than a general purpose language like D.
Thanks given by:
True, but the two reasons I am using D are that I wanted to learn D, and that it is similar to C++. Anything that I write in D, I should be able to port over to C++.
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, moving is "fun".
I've been scrubbing everything clean for days and still there's plenty of work left. The house still reeks of the previous owners' dogs. The heatwave weather isn't helping much. And there's still a ton of paperwork that I need to do - register at the electricity, water and gas companies, change address of residence in my official documents, get an internet connection, buy a trashcan subscription... Yea, living on my own is funTongue
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a big hassle. Good luck Smile

My internship starts tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it, but it's likely that I can't come online as often as I do now. The internship stops in January.
Thanks given by:
Big internship. Good luck, and let us know how it's going.
Thanks given by:
First day: The program they develop is insanely huge. Their program is even used by Shell [Image: shell.gif]. After the first day I haven't even seen a line of the source code yet because I'm still playing around with the program. This should change tomorrow though.
Thanks given by:
Damn, that's pretty huge! Seems like a heck on an experience; being able to toy with the inner workings of a massive program used by one of the largest oil companies. And I thought my internship was gonna be big. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I wonder if Forge compatibility would be possible after looking at JNI/JNA + JNAerator. Maybe it could be done like this?

Plugin (Java) -> Forge Wrapper (Java, maps/alters function calls to generated Cuberite bindings) -> JNI -> Cuberite

If this is possible, it could probably be done with Bukkit as well...That would attract ALOT of users.
Thanks given by:
But wouldnt the performance be like java servers? Thats not the goal of Cuberite, use java
Thanks given by: