Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Unfortunately it seems spammers are still coming. Does anyone else know a way to prevent spammers?
Thanks given by:
From my experience it's basically impossible without redoing the authentication yourself... On a MyBB forum I manage, I've setup basically every anti-spam feature there is, but they still manage to come through. I just make sure deleting the accounts and their content is as easy as pressing a single button on one of their posts.
Thanks given by:
What about a neural network (like there are for email spam) deciding whether a post needs moderator confirmation before being showed to others....Tongue

Yes, as puretryout said, unless you do something in the register process differently than everyone else bots will always come through
Thanks given by:
No need for a hyper-intelligent solution. Simply don't allow posting a URL until the account has at least 3 regular posts. That should help keep the number of ones that get through low, at least until they upgrade their tools Wink
Thanks given by:
Yes, but how do we do that in MyBB?Tongue
Thanks given by:
After more than a year I received an email from this forum, saying there's a new post. I thought, wtf, did someone finally get the forum email working? Unfortunately, the new post was a spam anyway.
Thanks given by:
Well the issue is this:

Code:
mcserver@xoft.cz
    host mx1.savana.cz [81.0.240.252]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<mcserver@xoft.cz>:
    550 5.7.1 <forum@cuberite.org> Access to <mcserver@xoft.cz> not allowed

forum@cuberite.org has been receiving a load of these emails for a long time - I thought I forwarded a few to you but maybe not.
Thanks given by:
No, please try to send me a few of them, I'll talk to the mailserver guys.
Thanks given by:
I'd like to change the security questions people have to answer when creating a new account. Any ideas? I'd prefer if we don't have simple questions like "2 + 2". I was thinking more something like:
Code:
If a man has five apples and a friend gets two, how many does he have left?
Who originally created Minecraft?
Thanks given by:
Good job! I take bothBig Grin
Thanks given by: