Random Chitchat 2012-2016
The deadline for the second job is on friday, I need to have it finished by then. And on saturday the cousin is bringing the equipment so that she can test the program properly. So I guess I won't be able to do anything on MCServer until next week.
Thanks given by:
ok thanks for the respond Smile
Thanks given by:
what are you going to work on when your back?
Thanks given by:
You just don't give up, do you? Wink
Dunno yet. Worm-nest caves sound really appealing. So do villages.
And if you ever figure out how to run the profiler, then some performance-tuning.
Thanks given by:
(06-29-2012, 04:51 AM)xoft Wrote: You just don't give up, do you? Wink
I have become famous through it xD
Quote:Dunno yet. Worm-nest caves sound really appealing. So do villages.
may i choose for you?? xD
Quote:And if you ever figure out how to run the profiler, then some performance-tuning.
sorry realy don't know how to do that Sad
Thanks given by:
(06-29-2012, 05:10 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: may i choose for you?? xD
No. Smile
You may voice your preference, that's about all Smile
Thanks given by:
i think you should do Worm-nest caves becouse if you do villages you need to add villagers and they need an good AI.
so Worm-nest caves first i think.
Thanks given by:
There can be villages without villagers, too. They've been that way in Beta 1.9 or like.
Actually villages are more tasks:
1, structure generation (how to put houses into the terrain)
2, villager population (where to "generate" villagers in relation to the village)
3, villager AI
4, procreation algorithm (how does the server check for "number of houses", how does number of houses influence villagers mating)
If I "do villages", I'll be doing only the first one.
Thanks given by:
good point but IF you do villages will they look just like vanilla minecraft or a bit more awsome. and wil there be a blacksmith with a chest?
and the best place to spawn them is in plain biome and desert biome.
Thanks given by:
I think there's one more thing I need to do first. A cBlockQuery object that can query a (small) area of blocks from the world, possibly across several chunks, and then provide the block data without touching chunks anymore. This will be useful both for blockticking where blocks need to check their neighbors, for fluid simulators and for Lua access speedup.

EDIT: I'll make it a cBlockArea with the capability of writing the blocks back to the world, too.
Thanks given by: