Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Not likely. My cousin is coming tomorrow, she needs me to help her finish some weird program for controlling two pieces of optometric hardware, each piece by a different manufacturer, each with a completely different interface (raw serial port protocol for one, OLE controls for the other). So I'm already studying some C++ OLE controls basicsTongue
Thanks given by:
Survival inventory shift+click handling finished. I'll do the crafting bench window now.
Thanks given by:
Crafting window shift+clicking finished, hopefully. Man, that UI stuff is really twisted, and I can't seem to come up with a way to un-twist it.
I would have loved to make a generic window that would support "areas of slots" with generic clicking and shift-clicking handling, so that the handling is written once and reused by descendants later, but it seems almost impossible. Maybe later, there are other things on my mind now.
I'd love to get my hands dirty with the 1.3.1. protocol. But I promised STR_Warrior to take a look at his dirt-and-gravel patch, so I will do that first.
Thanks given by:
i should wait until 1.3.2 if you are going to work on the protocol. today came a pre-release on Mojang.com so it wil be released soon. and maybe the protocol changed a bit.
Thanks given by:
I'm now refactoring the packets to use a cByteBuffer class for input, rather than a plain C string. Gazillion changes to the code, ugh.
I'm stupid, no need to rewrite that much code, just modify the macrosTongue
Thanks given by:
I'm having bad trouble with the protocol. I managed to break the initial sequence somehow, and the client now dives underground as soon as I connect, killing me in the process.
Code:
[00f4|19:43:24] recv player pos: {0.10 75.30 0.10}, ground: 0
[00f4|19:43:24] recv player pos: {0.10 75.15 0.10}, ground: 0
[00f4|19:43:24] recv player pos: {0.07 53.00 0.07}, ground: 1
[00f4|19:43:24] recv player pos: {0.04 38.00 0.04}, ground: 1
[00f4|19:43:24] recv player pos: {0.02 21.00 0.02}, ground: 1
[00f4|19:43:24] recv player pos: {0.00 2.00 0.00}, ground: 1
[00f4|19:43:24] recv player pos: {0.10 2.10 -0.00}, ground: 0
[00f4|19:43:24] recv player pos: {0.15 2.12 -0.00}, ground: 0
I can't seem to bring it back to what it used to be, and I don't want to revert all my changes, I spent the whole afternoon writing those.

Also, I'm on a weak wifi that's breaking up Sad
Thanks given by:
The login sequence is very frustrating D: Best wishes to you
Thanks given by:
Ah, stupid me, I forgot to put back the exception for RelEntMoveLook sending, so when a player moved, they were sent their own RelEntMoveLook, which made the client go nuts.
Seems all fixed now. We even have a proper Stance sending (but stance is now only emulated via a constant)
Thanks given by:
Faketruth you should also be able to edit the world.ini with the webadmin, the Groups.ini and users.ini. oh and maybe a restart button.
Thanks given by:
Yea yeah, working on itTongue

Also I'm amazed by how fast it runs on Android !
Thanks given by: