Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Why not let the webadmin just download the world.ini and create a new world by uploading a new world.ini ? There's not much point in changing it later on, except for a few special parameters that can be changed by special handlers, rather than a complete INI editor?
Did you compile your own version when you created that crashdump? If so, the crashdump is useless (refer to the Additional notes paragraphs of the How to report crashed thread) unless you provide the exe and all the PDBs.
Thanks given by:
i compiled it myself here are the exe and pdb files: http://www.mediafire.com/?o6l2t3ahuf5ydwu
Thanks given by:
Well, there's still some hope for you Wink
Thanks given by:
STR_Warrior Could you check to see if the server still crashes a lot with revision 777?
Even though I didn't look at your crash.. details, I believe I may have fixed the issue
Thanks given by:
eh i can't compile R777 this is the log:
Quote:1>cWebAdmin.cpp
1>..\source\cWebAdmin.cpp(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cWebPlugin_Lua.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://g:\MCServer\MC-Server Source\MC-Server R777\VC2008\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>MCServer - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 6 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Thanks given by:
I fixed the compilation, because I needed to test my revision.
Hopefully I fixed it right, otherwise Faketruth has to correct itBig Grin
But at least it is compiling nowBig Grin
Thanks given by:
i can compile it again and it seems like the crash is solvedBig Grin
nope it still crashes. it just took much longer. here are the dmp pdb and exe files http://www.mediafire.com/?j1ccgj6706w2wc2
Thanks given by:
(08-23-2012, 01:27 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: eh i can't compile R777 this is the log:
Quote:1>cWebAdmin.cpp
1>..\source\cWebAdmin.cpp(8) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'cWebPlugin_Lua.h': No such file or directory
1>Build log was saved at "file://g:\MCServer\MC-Server Source\MC-Server R777\VC2008\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>MCServer - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 6 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Sorry 'bout that. Visual Studio probably still had that file cached and didn't complain about it.
Thanks given by:
I've started hitting lots of crashes in LeakFinder. And I mean lots. Actually, it's like a crash within a few seconds of starting the server.
No idea where that came from, no idea why it started, I didn't do any modifications when it started.

When I disable the leakfinder, everything seems to run okay, but that can be just an illusion caused by not seeing the corrupted memory.

I have no idea what to do with thisSad
Nice, it seems to be Lua-related. Perhaps I'm hitting the same thing that has caused the crashes in Lua lately.
Thanks given by:
I don't have this problem with the latest revision. Did you try recompiling the entire solution?
Thanks given by: