Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Nice!

I talked about that packet before!
As it seems to be in 2.5 but never used.
But later the same packet headername was used for 0x3E
While i think 0x3E should be renamed and this packet should get the name 0x3E is using now.

Edit:
Btw do you know if this also activates the poison a user can get from eating zombie meat ?
Tried finding it but well not sure.. i know it has the sounds for potions but not quite sure what activates the poision effects on the client.

Edit:
I think its Entity Metadata (0x28) or Entity Effect (0x29)
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2012, 09:44 AM)ThuGie Wrote: I talked about that packet before!
As it seems to be in 2.5 but never used.
But later the same packet headername was used for 0x3E
Yeah, I was confused at first.

(10-21-2012, 09:44 AM)ThuGie Wrote: Edit:
Btw do you know if this also activates the poison a user can get from eating zombie meat ?
Tried finding it but well not sure.. i know it has the sounds for potions but not quite sure what activates the poision effects on the client.
It think "Sound Or Particle Effect" only creates the particles and sounds (as the name suggests). The potion effects are probably applied using "Entity Effect (0x29)" packet.
Thanks given by:
I think i can set it on playerspawn at least thats the part i'm testing.
I can get a player to see to be on fire.

By changing SendPlayerSpawn
But when i set it to 8 for potion.. i aint sure in what format i should send the color.
Tried hex and even changng the hex to dec but the clients just crash :p.

It seems the playerspawn isnt send to the client connecting though.
Thanks given by:
Patch added in rev 994. Nice job.

I just removed the cBlockJukeboxHandler, as it wasn't doing anything useful, and replaced it with the generic cBlockEntityHandler.
Thanks given by: Luksor
I think you should get a commit access to the svn. We want you to work for us more Wink
Thanks given by:
(10-21-2012, 09:48 PM)xoft Wrote: I think you should get a commit access to the svn. We want you to work for us more Wink
That would be great. Wink

Now I'm working on snow falling with my friends.
Don't mind rebeljant - he's only watchingTongue.
[Image: mcs_fun.png]
[Image: 1h9ys]
A you can see, as snow falls it is creating small, smooth snowdrifts. I think it looks pretty nice. What do you think about it? And should it be configurable on per world basis?
Thanks given by:
Looks really nice. Maybe you should start a new thread with the details on how it's implemented - if nothing else, then as a documentation to the code. Also, since this is not a feature in the vanilla, it should definitely be configurable on/off on, preferably on a per-world basis. One other thing comes to mind - will it be generated in the world generator, or in the runtime, as the snow is falling? Or both? Smile

As for SVN access, FakeTruth is the sole emperor, he's the only one who can give access to anyone.
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna do the presimulator finisher. I feel like hacking away at the generator again.
Thanks given by:
(10-19-2012, 03:02 PM)xoft Wrote: Nice Smile I think I'll drain my battery for a while Smile
The cube movement is a little bit "boring". I'd try making them stop for a while when they hit the ground with their face - this would create a real notion of "marching".
Accidentally, have you played Bloxorz? Cool game, and has exactly the marching animation Smile
http://www.bloxorz.org.uk/

Thanks, I added what I think you mean with the movement. I will add this as an option to the wallpaper (haven't uploaded it to the market yet).

This new movement looks EXTREMELY annoying to me. It makes the background look very uneasy, the other movement was very smooth and this movement is not smooth at all with all the stopping and falling over again.
Thanks given by:
There are some entries on MCServer Bugtracker that I think should be closed:
Quote:FS#107 - redstone repeaters
FS#262 - Water not turning to ice vice versa?
FS#185 - snow
FS#214 - broken cacti + beach ?
FS#253 - Snow doesnt disapear.
FS#162 - Eggs do not spawn mobs
Thanks given by: