Random Chitchat 2012-2016
but whats the difference between math.floor and math.modf. as far as i know math.modf takes only the numbers before the comma and math.floor just rounds it downwards.
Thanks given by:
There's difference for negative numbers - modf rounds towards zero, while floor rounds towards negative infinity (which is what you need for chunk coords)

For example, block coords {-8, 10, -8} are in chunk [-1, -1], but mod would've calculated chunk [0, 0].

Gentlemen, we are in for a sweet addition Smile
Unfortunately in this screenshot the lighting is still wrong, I suppose the client needs to be told to use a different lighting engine for different dimensions. This is what Nether terrain would look if you took it to overworld:
[Image: nether.jpg]
I have to say I'm amazed at how epic the nether generator is. Now it needs just a few tweaks at the floor and ceiling, some embellishments by soulsand / gravel, a fire here and there, with a few lava springs, and hey, we have the Nether Smile
Thanks given by:
Oh I actually thought modf was a modulo, but apparently it's not. I was slightly confused by why anyone would round numbers by using a moduloTongue
Thanks given by:
I have no idea either, didn't read the docs. I just expected that he was using it because it was kinda working Wink
Thanks given by:
i thought i had a pretty good changelog but then i saw the nether generator Sad
  • Added limited world. Configurable through webadmin.
  • Added a restart server page in webadmin where you can reload/restart the server.
  • You can add players to groups with the webadmin.
  • You can change someone's group in-game with a command
  • Hardcore mode
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 01:56 AM)xoft Wrote: Gentlemen, we are in for a sweet addition Smile
Unfortunately in this screenshot the lighting is still wrong, I suppose the client needs to be told to use a different lighting engine for different dimensions. This is what Nether terrain would look if you took it to overworld:
[Image: nether.jpg]
I have to say I'm amazed at how epic the nether generator is. Now it needs just a few tweaks at the floor and ceiling, some embellishments by soulsand / gravel, a fire here and there, with a few lava springs, and hey, we have the Nether Smile

Looks greatBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Same place (more or less), better lighting Smile
[Image: nether2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-12-2013, 03:08 AM)xoft Wrote: Same place (more or less), better lighting Smile
[Image: nether2.jpg]

Thats to light for my taste like the other better ;p.
Thanks given by:
I do have my in-game brightness turned all the way up, 'cause I can't see much otherwise, so maybe that's the reason. It's normal Nether lighting, the server cannot do much about it - it only tells the client whether the world is Nether or Overworld, and the client does all the lighting.

The code is in the SVN, activate it by setting CompositionGen to Nether. Note that the generator still observes HeightGen settings, so you can actually have a Nether with irregular "roof". But then it's possible there'll be opportunity to dig out, as the roof is not contiguous.

Also, in world.ini set world dimension to -1 for Nether, 0 for Overworld and 1 for End (affects client lighting only).
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah that explains a lot!
Btw i since i havent been posting much.
I have to say i love the updates that you guys are doing!

Storing drops etc in the save! minecarts! nether! possible new mobs ai!
Can't wait for all is fully working haha.
Thanks given by: