Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I just doubled the performance of the fluid simulator. At least in the Debug mode. And just by changing the type used for storing coords to simulate from a list to a vector. See how important it is to choose a proper container? Smile

Also the memory footprint of the Debug version dropped significantly - before the change I had MCServer running out of memory at 2 GiB, now it's stable at 400 MiB. I think the release version wasn't affected that much, because most of that memory went to LeakFinder (which isn't used in Release mode), but still it should be an improvement as well.

There's a bit too much lava in my nether now Wink
[Image: nether3.jpg]
[Image: nether4.jpg]
[Image: nether5.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Springs added and documented in the wiki.
Thanks given by:
how to make them automaticly flow on generation?
Thanks given by:
They already should, but lava is really slow, so it takes a while for it to spread.

Note that chunks are only simulated if there's a player who can see the chunk (for performance reasons), so generating using ChunkWorx is not enough, you actually need a player to stand there.

But vanilla is the same - it just happenned to me a while ago that I happilly built a wall around my portal to get rid of ghasts shooting me down, and suddenly lava started to flow in from the top. Nasty surpriseTongue
Thanks given by:
it only started to flow when i used /regeneratechunk or placed/removed a block next to it
Thanks given by:
That's weird. Are you using the PreSimulator finisher? It shouldn't matter, but what if...
Thanks given by:
yes i have the PreSimulator finisher.
Thanks given by:
Give me your world.ini configuration, I'll try have a look.

In the meantime, I've started hacking away at the release 1.5 protocol. It seems we'll be easily off, there aren't many changes to the packets.
Thanks given by:
here is the world.ini
Code:
[General]
Dimension=-1

[SpawnPosition]
X=26.000000
Y=256.000000
Z=186.000000

[Storage]
Schema=Default

[Plants]
MaxCactusHeight=3
MaxSugarcaneHeight=3
IsCropsBonemealable=1
IsGrassBonemealable=1
IsSaplingBonemealable=1
IsMelonStemBonemealable=1
IsMelonBonemealable=0
IsPumpkinStemBonemealable=1
IsPumpkinBonemealable=0
IsSugarcaneBonemealable=0
IsCactusBonemealable=0

[PVP]
Enabled=1

[Physics]
DeepSnow=0
WaterSimulator=
LavaSimulator=
SandInstantFall=0

[GameMode]
GameMode=1

[Seed]
Seed=2018024916

[Generator]
Generator=Composable
BiomeGen=Constant
ConstantBiome=Nether
BiomeGenCacheSize=64
HeightGen=Flat
FlatHeight=255
HeightGenCacheSize=64
CompositionGen=Nether
BiomalSeaLevel=62
Structures=WormNestCaves
Finishers=BottomLava,PreSimulator,LavaSprings
BottomLavaLevel=10

[WaterSimulator]
Falloff=2
MaxHeight=6

[LavaSimulator]
Falloff=1
MaxHeight=7

[FireSimulator]
BurnStepTimeFuel=500
BurnStepTimeNonfuel=100
Flammability=50
ReplaceFuelChance=50000

[LavaSprings]
HeightDistribution=0, 0; 30, 0; 31, 50; 120, 50; 127, 0
Chance=45
Thanks given by:
You're using Classic fluid simulator. That one is highly deprecated and may crash the server.

In this instance, I tried your settings and in debug mode the server asserted almost instantly.

I think I'm gonna remove the classic simulator altogether, it's more trouble than good anyway. It's about time we got rid of it.
Thanks given by: NiLSPACE