Random Chitchat 2012-2016
ok Sad it's that i want to try to make a plugin detect on startup if there is a update by downloading a .txt file with a version number in it.
Thanks given by:
You know, how about testing yourself a bit more with C++? There's one thing that I believe you would be capable of doing and it will be quite useful. A new Generator-Finisher that will remove all "floating rails" - railblocks that don't have anything solid underneath them. Should be easy enough - just walk through all blocks in the chunk and if it's a rail block, check what's underneath it.

Wow, I almost forgot, you could even do that in a plugin - use the OnChunkGenerated() callback. Though it will probably be slower and is somewhat inconsistent, to have default behavior in a plugin. But if it's an educational device, why not.

Finally all compile-time errors are gone, and MCServer doesn't hang as soon as I login. Now it's only the hard-to-debug random hangs, I guess.

Anyway, here's today's funny pic - since Entities don't move yet, spawning a creeper and then a villager at the same place creates this:
[Image: creeper_nose.png]
Thanks given by:
Haha nice, creeper villagerBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Dear god, no more! Just as I got my laptop back repaired, my desktop's GPU seems to be failing, locking up the OS Sad I don't wanna!

One huge mega-commit coming in. I hope I didn't break too much stuff. Expect entities to be somewhat broken, please report all anomalies.
Thanks given by:
mmm creeper villager... you can trade with it, but if you hit it, it will blow up in your face.... I like it.... I always thought that villagers were a bunch of pushovers... lol...
Thanks given by:
lol great my desktop didn't start so i opened my computer, took out the GPU tried to turn my computer on with a screwdriver, replaced the battery on the motherboard but what was it... the cable for the energy to the motherboard wasn't connected anymore.........
Thanks given by:
rofl, nice job xD
Thanks given by:
mmmm post #1000... i think I should get a prize or something lol....

What has happened to me is that I forgot to flip the switch in the back of the power supplied after installing new RAM, so the first thing that I thought when the machine didn't turn on was that I have fried the motherboard somehow... lol...
Thanks given by:
I'm still unsure whether I should install the new powersupply I bought (I did buy it two weeks ago, which was the technology black week for me - router died, laptop came back not repaired etc.) With the bad luck I've had so far, it could simply just blow up and maybe leave a few charred remnants of my desktop.Tongue On the other hand, the current powersupply is really fighting its last fight, the USB3 controller I added seems a bit too much for it to handle - connecting a drive to the USB3 port is a 50/50 gamble against power failure.

Is there a way to maybe measure the power source, if it has all the voltages in their proper ranges?
Thanks given by:
Try HWMonitor, it should also give you voltage info and such http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Thanks given by: