Random Chitchat 2012-2016
Well I did it.. phew..
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 04:57 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: Are Enchantments done? Are all enchantments avaliable and saved?

Enchantments are now only available with plugins. You can't enchant using an enchantment table yet.
Thanks given by:
That's it! I'm fed up with updating the API wiki. It's too much work, and it's never done. We need a better solution. I quite like doxygen, and already there are pieces of code well documented in doxygen-style, but it would be documentation for the entire project, not for the API itself. We need a filter, similar to what tolua++ does when it generates the bindings, but it needs to keep the doxycomments as well.

I think I have a new project Smile

(06-04-2013, 05:46 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote:
(06-04-2013, 04:57 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: Are Enchantments done? Are all enchantments avaliable and saved?

Enchantments are now only available with plugins. You can't enchant using an enchantment table yet.

Also, enchantments don't actually do anything. Unbreaking doesn't prolong the life of items, protection doesn't protect, etc.
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 06:09 AM)xoft Wrote: Also, enchantments don't actually do anything. Unbreaking doesn't prolong the life of items, protection doesn't protect, etc.

Unbreaking etc could maybe even be done with a plugin Wink

But it would be better to implent it into the source Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-04-2013, 06:09 AM)xoft Wrote: [...] We need a filter, similar to what tolua++ does when it generates the bindings, [...]

I first tried to see if doxygen could be used directly - run it for all files, but specify to exclude all symbols except for those listed in API.txt (or a similar file that could be generated by Lua). Unfortunately, this is not supported by doxygen - it can exclude specified symbols, but it cannot include specified symbols, so there's no way of telling it "give me documentation only for these symbols".

So I'm back to square one, I'll be writing a filter that processes the ToLua++ package file and produces a subset of the C++ code; then doxygen will process that file.
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure if this is a good approach either. The documentation created by doxygen is too C++-centric, not sure if it's good enough for Lua API documentation. The syntax is C++, parameters are listed in a C++ manner and thus return values handled specially by tolua are lost.
See for yourself:
http://mc-server.xoft.cz/API/html/classes.html

On the other hand, I must hand it to doxygen, the inheritance is handled great - there are inheritance graphs, lists of inherited member functions... We're missing that in the wiki.
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking about removing the cTorch, cStairs, cLadder, cVine and cDoor classes - they contain only methods that convert player rotation to block metadata, which should be handled by BlockHandlers instead. Anyone against?
Thanks given by:
Microsoft announced VS2013 ;O They say some old features will be added again since many people were complaining ;P
Thanks given by:
We'll see. They seem to have added WinXP compilation support to VS2012, eventually, but I'm not sure if VS2012 itself would run on XP. With VS2013, the situation is probably gonna be the same.

The problem is, XP is still good enough so people don't want to upgrade - why, it's working fine, and the replacements aren't giving any major advantages Smile
Thanks given by:
I never wanna go back to XPTongue
Thanks given by: