Random Chitchat 2012-2016
(06-12-2013, 04:34 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: Maybe add arrows and mob AI.

Arrows need physics and physics is just like the mob AI being worked on by Keyboard.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2013, 04:35 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote:
(06-12-2013, 04:34 AM)tonibm19 Wrote: Maybe add arrows and mob AI.

Arrows need physics and physics is just like the mob AI being worked on by Keyboard.
You're right. I think the best would be improve MCServer stability
Thanks given by:
Do you find it unstable? How?
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2013, 05:19 AM)xoft Wrote: Do you find it unstable? How?
In linux it's unstable. It often crashes (very often). Maybe is because I have only 128mb of RAM in my vps, so I thimk you should make a better Chunk Manager that manages chunks well and deletes it when not being used.
Thanks given by:
So why don't I have some crashdumps? Noone never says, and I live in the blissful not-knowing that it crashes.
Thanks given by:
(06-12-2013, 11:53 PM)xoft Wrote: So why don't I have some crashdumps? Noone never says, and I live in the blissful not-knowing that it crashes.
Most times it doesn't crash, only stops responding, and there isn't a crashdump for that.
Thanks given by:
I've updated the Linux guide to include steps for creating a core dump in that case as well. In short, you can run "gcore <PID>" to create a core dump of any process.
Thanks given by:
r1587: Maybe add a hook that can prevent a item from being transered? Becouse otherwise my SignLock plugin is useless ;P

Hurray for DiamondCaves plugin I created ;D Got 9 chunks per second with it ;(   

So I tried getting the bug tonibm19 gets and I have a crashdump etc now Wink
http://www.mediafire.com/?c74vkh4jkyq4jhv
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2013, 02:46 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: So I tried getting the bug tonibm19 gets and I have a crashdump etc now Wink
http://www.mediafire.com/?c74vkh4jkyq4jhv

Same failure as FS #375 - a deadlock between the TickThread and the SocketThread, each holding one CS and requesting the other. I have some thoughts about a possible fix, but it needs some more time to ripe Smile

I tried adding furnace -> hopper interaction and found out that I must overhaul the furnaces first. They are full of evil codeTongue
Thanks given by:
(06-14-2013, 05:46 AM)xoft Wrote: Same failure as FS #375 - a deadlock between the TickThread and the SocketThread, each holding one CS and requesting the other. I have some thoughts about a possible fix, but it needs some more time to ripe Smile

I tried adding furnace -> hopper interaction and found out that I must overhaul the furnaces first. They are full of evil codeTongue
Good, but please first fix FS #375. Because I want to make a puclic server, and if MCServer often crashes, I can't. Does anyone more has MCServer 24/7 running? I think I'm the only one that gets crashes because I use MCServer during long times.
Thanks given by: