Random Chitchat 2012-2016
I fixed one of the crashes, which was responsible for "anothercrashdump.zip" and one of the crashes in "crashdumps.zip". Stupid logging mistake; when you tried to move a player to a non-existent world, an invalid log message would be output, crashing the server. Fixed in rev 1645.
Thanks given by:
This just made me smile, in the new 1.6.1's launcher:
[Image: mc_launcher_crash.png]

I've got basic 1.6.1 protocol working. One problem though: the player moves incredibly fast when walking - maybe 50 blocks / sec. I suppose that's because we're not sending the PlayerAbilities packet yet, I'll try sending it, if the speed gets fixed.

Also, is it just me, or was the camera tweaked? It feels much more "wide-anglish" to me. Although this might just be a co-effect of the high speed.
Thanks given by:
Nope, doesn't help, the player still dashes through the terrain like crazy.

Ugh, I'm blind, the protocol docs even say this that there's a new packet, 0x2c, that is sent to provide the client with the maxSpeed value. It even says what I've been observing - without the packet the player moves way too fast.

I'm declaring rev 1651 to be fully 1.6.1-compatible.
Thanks given by:
Nice!
Thanks given by:
Would a soft restart help to avoid deadlocks and crashes?
Thanks given by:
Nope. Once deadlocked, the threads will not be waken up by anything but a hard program kill.

I have a few ideas in mind to keep this from happening at all, but they aren't ripe yet, and we'll need to discuss them with other devs, too.
Thanks given by:
Ok, but please fix it before 10 of this mont, because this day I get my vps. Im going seriusly with MCServer. I have all done for my server: three worlds (survival with plots, survival pvp and creative with plots), plugins and some other cool things. I want to make a fun server with MCServer limitations.
day 10 I only have to upload it on my server
One question, do someone have an idea for a server name?
Thanks given by:
I'm afraid you haven't understood the size of the issue here. It's not gonna be something fixable in days. It will take weeks, if not months, to get right.
We can and probably will have fixed the most serious deadlocks pretty fast, but fixing all of them for good will require a code revision of most MCServer's parts.
Thanks given by:
How does the BiomeVisualiser work? When I start it i get the same image each time.
Thanks given by:
I don't remember exactly, I think it has a hardcoded inifile inside it that it visualises.
Thanks given by: