Farming
The current code for SprinkleSmallFoliage is less than desireful, I'd like to develop a new small foliage placement code. Then I could possibly add melons, too. Right now it's really difficult to do anything with the code - even such a small thing as "generating a few pumpkins near each other" is nigh impossible. I just hot-fixed it so that we can have things generated now and don't need to wait for the generator upgrade. Let me tell you, sugarcane was a real PITATongue
Thanks given by:
i don't know if its my client but when i right click with a hoe on dirt my client crashes Sad
Thanks given by:
Well, good luck you with re-working it when you'll find it interesting again Smile
Thanks given by:
(06-07-2012, 06:26 AM)xoft Wrote: Tall grass should now drop seeds (with a 66% probability), young crops drop one seed when destroyed and ripe crops drop one wheat and 1-2 seeds.

i get always 1 seed and 1 wheat when i break crops.
Thanks given by: xoft
As long as everything that isn't in vanilla is configurable - it's great.
Some people that might migrate from vanilla might not want that additional things.
Quote:Actually melons should generate i guess you only played old minecraft servers
I didn't know about thatTongue I've checked out minecraftwiki but couldn't find anything.
Thanks given by:
Sugarcane grows by itself and can be grown using bonemeal.

STR_Warrior, there is a random chance for the second seed; I didn't test it though so it is possible that it's never getting through to the second seed. I'll check it.
Ah, you're right, there was a problem. First, the random number generator didn't generate random-enough numbers. And second, the item added to the drops had a count of zero, so it was effectively ignoredTongue
Fixed in Rev 579
(05-31-2012, 09:47 PM)Taugeshtu Wrote: I'm pretty sure sugarcane code count overall sugarcane length in blocks (in order not to grow it to the sky... wait! sounds like a nice idea!Big Grin)

This actually happenned to me when I was tweaking the growth code for sugarcane - I got the limit wrong and each time a sugarcane column received a blocktick, it would grow by one block. Let me tell you, harvesting a 64-blocks high sugarcane sure is fun Wink
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 12:41 AM)xoft Wrote: This actually happenned to me when I was tweaking the growth code for sugarcane - I got the limit wrong and each time a sugarcane column received a blocktick, it would grow by one block. Let me tell you, harvesting a 64-blocks high sugarcane sure is fun Wink

Then why not leave the max height as a configurable option, either in settings.ini or world.ini ? (of course with the sane default of 3.)
Thanks given by: Taugeshtu
Worth doing. World.ini is better - we want this to be a per-world setting.
Thanks given by:
All plant parameters are now settable in the world.ini file. I've added the documentation for all the settables into the Wiki:
http://www.mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?i...:world.ini

The defaults are set so that MCServer matches vanilla MC.
Thanks given by: Taugeshtu
the vanilla MC has sometimes sugar canes that is 4 high.
Thanks given by: