2. "Extract here";
  3. Go to your settings.ini OR use web control panel, and add "Rainy";
  4. Go to web control panel, select a world;
  5. Click!
  6. ...
  7. PROFIT!!!

Features:
Web panel with easy world selection, time switching and weather setting;
/weather [Sun/Rain] command (under Rainy.weather permission).

That's it.

Attached Files
.zip   Rainy.zip (Size: 1.58 KB / Downloads: 281)
Thanks given by:
thank youBig Grin
Thanks given by:
I'm actually looking into the weather. The chances of a thunderstorm are just abnormally high, and once it's begun it seems to never stop.
Thanks given by:
I think the weather should be reworked into a simple system:
1, The weather starts at sunny
2, A random interval is chosen for which the weather stays the same. Interval length is proportionate to weather type (sunny has the longest interval, rainy medium short and thunderstorm short)
3, After the interval has elapsed, choose a new weather and interval.
This would even be less stressful for the server, since it won't have to check a random value every tick Smile
Thanks given by:
i was trying before you uploaded this plugin to make my own weather pluginTongue becouse i want to try to learn lua. i was now working on /toggledownfall for toomanyitems. this is what i have. inspired by mcrainbow Smile

Attached Files
.lua   weather.lua (Size: 2.39 KB / Downloads: 256)
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2012, 11:38 PM)STR_Warrior Wrote: i was trying before you uploaded this plugin to make my own weather pluginTongue becouse i want to try to learn lua. i was now working on /toggledownfall for toomanyitems. this is what i have. inspired by mcrainbow Smile

dont use string.upper and there is a fiew plugin managers you dont need in there, E_PLUGIN_PLAYER_MOVE, E_PLUGIN_PLAYER_JOIN, DIG, PLACE, and LOGIN are not needed.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2012, 04:43 PM)xoft Wrote: I think the weather should be reworked into a simple system:
1, The weather starts at sunny
2, A random interval is chosen for which the weather stays the same. Interval length is proportionate to weather type (sunny has the longest interval, rainy medium short and thunderstorm short)
3, After the interval has elapsed, choose a new weather and interval.
This would even be less stressful for the server, since it won't have to check a random value every tick Smile

What you are proposing sounds like a great idea.
I had a look at the craftbukkit source code, and it seems that they're basically doing that.

Maybe we should model the durations after them?
Thanks given by:
If they're using a similar method, why not. I'm pretty sure they have fine-tuned the parameters by now, so it would mean we could have fine-tuned parameters, too Smile Or even better yet, make those parameters per-world settable in world.ini, with the craftbukkit values as the defaults.
Also, this algorithm supports changing the weather via a plugin quite easy - just call the same piece of code.
Thanks given by:
Updated for compatibility with rev. 787
Thanks given by:
fix to make it work with the latest version of MCServer
	PluginManager = cRoot:Get():GetPluginManager()
	PluginManager:BindCommand("/weather",            "Rainy.weather",            HandleWeatherCommand,            " - [Sun/Rain] - Sets the weather");
Thanks given by: Taugeshtu