some notes
Do you need a hard set limit? I prefer to use "human brain" for the decision - if the line feels too long, I break it. Since most of the time I'm on a 1280 px wide screen, the lines aren't that long Wink

And sometime wrapping the line is undesirable. A fine example of that is the documenting comment for functions, starting with "///" - it doesn't work well aesthetically if wrapped into multiple lines; and since it is mostly for the machine to read and display as an IntelliSense tooltip anyway, why bother?

I've just checked the source, there are 521 lines that are over 120 chars wide. Not that many.

Let's not derail this thread any further, if you feel it necessary to discuss line lengths further, may I recommend starting a new thread? Wink

STR_Warrior, if the CPU issue persists, let me know, I'll make a special build for you that can measure performance of individual functions in the server.
Thanks given by:
I have fixed all the issues initially reported.
Thanks given by:
i now use r593 and i have a picture of my taskmanager

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
It finally dawned on me, it could be related to the bug in grass ticking that caused the "too many packets" error, too ( https://forum.cuberite.org/showthread.php?tid=471 ).
Does the high CPU usage occur on fresh new world, too, or only on older worlds (ones that you played using Rev 563 - Rev 567)? Also, if you stay in one place for some time (let's say 5 minutes), does MCServer's CPU usage drop?
Thanks given by:
i use a new fresh world and when i login in MC-Server nothing happens i just spawn but when i move about 100 blocks the CPU level rises.
Thanks given by:
Oh, may I make a note too?
Shift+click on items in inventory and/or crafting grid and/or furnace inerface behave weird, causing visual items duplication... Could that be fixed?
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2012, 11:11 PM)Taugeshtu Wrote: Oh, may I make a note too?
Shift+click on items in inventory and/or crafting grid and/or furnace inerface behave weird, causing visual items duplication... Could that be fixed?

Dunno, what does shift click normally do?Tongue
Thanks given by:
take allot of items in you inventory open a chest hold shift and click on the items.
this also works with dispensers and furnaces.
Thanks given by:
It moves whole slot (in MCS terminology) from furnace/crafting table/armom equipment slots to hot bar (if there's empty slot or incomplete slot with same type of item) or (if hotbar is full) to inventory.
Also it moves whole slot between hot bar and inventory with same rules (fill presented incomplete stack of items first, then find empty slot to fill it with rest items)

You could test in SSP if you wantTongue
Thanks given by:
Shift+click is one of the more useful features in vanilla MC, we definitely need to do that. Create a ticket in the support system, so that it doesn't rot in the middle of a forum thread only.
STR_Warrior, you're in for some heavyweight testing Smile

First of all, download and install MS Standalone Profiler (a tool that records program's execution and generates a detailed report on where the program is spending its time) from here:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=18277

Then, from the nightbuild server, download the _profiled package ( http://mc-server.xoft.cz/mcserver_win_593_profiled.7z ) and extract it to a copy of your MCServer installation (you don't want to ruin your normal MCServer, do you?) Note that I've packed only the files essential for profiling, there's no configuration etc., you need to provide those from your normal MCServer folder.

Don't run the MCServer program there directly, but instead, run the "profile_run.cmd".

If all went well, this will run MCServer. Go ahead and reproduce the CPU usage for some time (at least a minute). When done, shut down MCServer normally by typing stop into the server console.

This process should create a file, "MCServer_profiledata.vsp" next to the server executable. That's the detailed report file. Post it here.

If the server didn't get launched or the file wasn't created, post the errors that you see.
Just to give you an idea of what info you'll be providing me with, this is what the report looks like when processed:
[Image: profiler_gen.png]
Thanks given by: