Joining the packet sources
Is it possible to connect to an IP with the pocket version? It thought it could only discover LAN games automatically.
Thanks given by:
It can only connect to LAN servers, and it uses a completely different protocol > http://wiki.vg/Pocket_Minecraft_Protocol
Thanks given by:
Then IMO there's no use in writing a pocket server Sad

Integration of the pocket protocol into MCServer also seems impossible to me because the client is completely different. It wouldn't surprise me if even the block type IDs are different.
Thanks given by:
the server often kicks players and than has an error in console with:
unknown packet type 0x7a from client "STR_Warrior" @ (my IP)
or: unknown packet type 0x79 from client "STR_Warrior" @ (my IP)
or: unknown packet type 0x6f from client "STR_Warrior" @ (my IP)
Thanks given by:
Try connecting via ProtoProxy, there's only very little that can be done without its log.
Thanks given by:
how to work with protoproxy?
Thanks given by:
1, Configure server not to auth clients. ProtoProxy cannot work with auth-ing servers.
2, Compile it (its solution and project files are in the ProtoProxy folder); Debog or Release, doesn't really matter, speed is okay in Debug, too.
3, Run it on the same machine, as MCServer. If MCServer listens on port 25565, no config is needed, just run the program. If MCServer listens on another port, start ProtoProxy from commandline with arguments: "ProtoProxy <listen-port> <server-port>", where server-port is MCServer's port, and listen-port is a new free port on which ProtoProxy will listen.
4, Clients should connect to ProtoProxy's port instead of MCServer's port. By default, the ProtoProxy's port is 25564, but if you started it using the command in step 3, clients need to connect to listen-port.

So, for example, if your MCServer runs on port 400, you'll need to start ProtoProxy from commandline as "ProtoProxy 401 400" and tell clients to connect to port 401.

5, Each client connection creates a new log file in the folder where ProtoProxy is running. This includes server ping connections (small logs, < 2 KiB) as well as regular game connections (20 MiB just for the initial connection).

Now if there's a weird packet, the entire communication with that client can be viewed and analysed. The logfiles should compress pretty nicely, so do compress them before uploading.
Note that it is not uncommon for ProtoProxy to actually fail the connection to the server; that is due to encryption kicking in too late or too soon. If the client disconnects before they even log in, just let them try again, that is normal. I'm too lazy to fix that Wink
Thanks given by:
here is a log. i didn't get the error in the console but my client crashed.: http://www.mediafire.com/?rs0y94x63gdyh9j
Thanks given by:
Do you think the new update will be difficult to implent in MCServer? Since they did rewrite their network code.
Thanks given by:
It will require a rewrite of all the packets. This could be considered a good thing, because once 1.7 becomes old, we could cut away all the older protocols simply by removing the files.

I've already thought about cutting 1.2.x away, but it would be too much work
Thanks given by: