Android tests
i had to copy all the filesTongue
Thanks given by:
After changing the world storage to anvil and the generator to the regulars (distortedvoronoi / biomal / biomal / trees,orenests,wormnestcaves,ravines / SprinkleFoliage,Snow,Ice,Lilypads,BottomLava) I got about 7.7 chunks generated per second and about 9 chunks lit per second.

The app kept dying though, I suppose because of low RAM.
Thanks given by:
when wil that all be default? becouse now it still is marblecaves and default scheme and no ravines.
Thanks given by:
(08-18-2012, 04:44 AM)xoft Wrote: After changing the world storage to anvil and the generator to the regulars (distortedvoronoi / biomal / biomal / trees,orenests,wormnestcaves,ravines / SprinkleFoliage,Snow,Ice,Lilypads,BottomLava) I got about 7.7 chunks generated per second and about 9 chunks lit per second.

The app kept dying though, I suppose because of low RAM.

Wow that sounds MUCH slower than on my phone, could you paste your world.ini here? Is a bit easier...

Why would it keep dying? It runs fine on my phone :/
EDiT: Nvm, with your settings I get 8.5 ch/s which looks kinda right (800MHz vs 1000MHz) Lighting is MUCH faster on my phone though, 200 chunks in 10 seconds

----------

I still have some issues though. When I use the Core plugin I cannot join the server because I time out and WebAdmin does not work. I can login on WebAdmin but when it should show me the admin interface it shows me a blank page Huh

I also tried to forward the MCServer's log messages to java, but it crashes after a couple of logs Huh
Thanks given by:
Webadmin works fine here. I can login etc. I also have all the core tabs in worldadmin and even the rainy plugin.
Thanks given by:
I'm an idiot, I didn't put the webadmin folder on my phone >_>

----
OOO! I joined now, with the Core plugin enabled. Maybe it was related to the WebAdmin :O

----

Wooow this runs smoooth! Even water flows fast enough! This makes me want to record a video about thisTongue
Package this up nicely, release it on the Android market and we'll be kicking Mojang's butt

Those caves are god damn sexy XoftBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Will the screen change? Becouse now it only says: Hello world, Mcserveractivity!
You don't know if Its ready to join or not. If it has a console just like in the windows/linux version that would make it allot easier. Now you only get those messages if you look in the log file. And eh i already (tried) to make a video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtXuxmmnKEA
Thanks given by:
I'm not sure how to output the server log to the phone screen, I tried it and the app kept crashing :/
Thanks given by:
(08-18-2012, 08:45 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: And eh i already (tried) to make a video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtXuxmmnKEA
Pity that the video shows missing chunks. You might want to re-take that part Wink

And those pistons changing from sticky to normal, that looks weird, too.

(08-18-2012, 09:27 AM)FakeTruth Wrote: I'm not sure how to output the server log to the phone screen, I tried it and the app kept crashing :/
Can't Java read LogCat? Make it read LogCat and filter out anything not MCServer-ish

I know, it's hackish, but why not, for starters.

Also, a "Stop" button would have been nicer than a "back button stops the server"

Maybe even make the server report chunkstats automatically every now and then, to see memory usage.
One more useful bit: make it show the IP address. So that we know where to connect to.
Thanks given by:
(08-18-2012, 05:58 PM)xoft Wrote:
(08-18-2012, 08:45 AM)STR_Warrior Wrote: And eh i already (tried) to make a video. http://youtube.com/watch?v=UtXuxmmnKEA
Pity that the video shows missing chunks. You might want to re-take that part Wink

And those pistons changing from sticky to normal, that looks weird, too.
the missing chunks is because i recorded it with the android version of MCS.
Thanks given by: