Request Feature: Map limit
Let me give you an idea for server mc: An option to limit the map on the server.

Example: Put option in 4000, then the coordinated -4000 up to 400 would be released to players, lowered or above the generator would not generate any map.

In the 4001 limit would create a wall of glass (other choice), from 0 to 256Y, so players could not pass. Soon after 4001 the server will give an area of ​​50 blocks to cut the creation of the map, so the player will not see the end.

This could help to save the server processing and bandwidth consumption, avoiding calculations of events.

Sorry for my bad English
Thanks given by:
I don't think this should be implemented in the server core, rather, it's a good idea for a plugin. And I think there already are plugins that try to do something like this. And if not, it's definitely not difficult to write such a plugin.
Thanks given by:
The plugin system of support to handle all kinds of events? (Spawn of animals, Physics of fluids, biomes). If possible do not need to stop the creation of the map, just disable these events.
Thanks given by:
The plugin system doesn't handle all of those event, but it handles enough to provide everything needed - it can limit players' movement, it can alter the generated terrain. Mob AI will probably be rewritten soon enough, so that is out of the scope now.
Thanks given by: