Vanilla world to MCServer, Differnet positions ?
Hey guys,

I tried loading skyblock world in mcserver.
Even when i set the spawn position correctly i would just end up in a mcserver generated world. and have been unable to locate where the world i wanted to load was located.

A small tut on how to locate these would be great!
Also is level.dat even used ?
Thanks given by:
OH thats itBig Grin in the level.dat are only the spawnpoints. if you would delete the level.dat you would spawn correctly i think.
Thanks given by:
level.dat is not used by MCServer at all. It is only written, if it's missing, so that tools such as Minutor work correctly on MCServer-generated worlds.

MCServer uses the spawn position specified in world.ini. Also, if a player has already been on a server, the player's position (naturally) supersedes the default spawn position.

As for SkyBlock, it's a rather old map, are you sure you have an Anvil version (.mca files) and not the older McRegion version (.mcr)? The easiest way is to let MCServer generate a world, then delete all its .mca files and replace them with the .mca files from the imported world. That should always work. Just make sure world.ini's storage schema is set to Anvil.
Thanks given by:
i Did set the spawn in world.ini deleted my profile file.
But yes they where .mcr not .mca files explain a load!

Thanks Smile.

Edit thanks Smile worked perfectly!
Converted using the minecraft client :p.
Now to make all other chunks air..
Thanks given by:
You can write a very simple plugin that will disable new chunk generation (or rather, it will generate empty chunks by skipping the generator altogether). Use the OnChunkGenerating function with HOOK_CHUNK_GENERATING hook: http://mc-server.org/wiki/doku.php?id=ap...generating
Thanks given by: