MC-Server license
MC-Server's google code page says Apache 2.0 is mc-servers license.

Can one of the devs confirm this?
Thanks given by:
I have no idea what the Apache 2.0 license meansTongue I just picked a random one
Thanks given by:
(01-11-2013, 10:40 PM)FakeTruth Wrote: I have no idea what the Apache 2.0 license meansTongue I just picked a random one

So what license is MC-Server code etc under? MIT, BSD, Apache License (version?) EPL? As i would like to know what i can do with the source code, eg: modify and distribute custom versions, develop plugins etc etc.

Thanks!
Thanks given by:
Apache license if you set it as the license, that cannot be changed.

You can develop plugins whatever license it has anyway.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's under the Apache 2.0 license. That's what googlecode says.
Thanks given by:
In relation to this, can you put a LICENSE file around with the apache license in it? Also, a thing at the top of all code files saying

"This file is Copyright MCServer contributors. Permissions are granted to you under the Apache License 2.0, which can be obtained in the attached LICENSE file or found online."
Thanks given by:
(01-12-2013, 04:27 AM)bearbin Wrote: In relation to this, can you put a LICENSE file around with the apache license in it? Also, a thing at the top of all code files saying

"This file is Copyright MCServer contributors. Permissions are granted to you under the Apache License 2.0, which can be obtained in the attached LICENSE file or found online."

And if we don't? Does that mean the license is not applied to the files?
Thanks given by:
The license is still applied to the files, but if you download the source without looking at the googlecode page, it is unclear what license it is. Also, I believe that is is the obligation of people who redistribute works licensed under the Apache 2.0 license to make clear that the work is licensed under the Apache 2.0 License.
Thanks given by:
(01-13-2013, 06:42 AM)bearbin Wrote: Also, I believe that is is the obligation of people who redistribute works licensed under the Apache 2.0 license to make clear that the work is licensed under the Apache 2.0 License.
That's true:
Quote:You must give any other recipients of the Work or Derivative Works a copy of this License;
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
Thanks given by:
So if we don't, the license is not applied?
Thanks given by: