Profiling MCServer
They are also very rare. I didn't notice any mobs while i was testing and this is bad while playing in survival mode. I think more work should be done on the mobs.
Thanks given by:
When the new mob code was introduced, MCServer was unusable in Debug mode, I at had to tweak the code so that I can run in Debug. It is still using the bad technique of collecting everything anew in each tick, that needs to be changed, too.

Worktycho, you keep talking about the compression, I agree that it would benefit from being settable, both in the network protocol and the storage. Why not have an INI value setting for the protocol compression level, and a per-world INI setting for each world's compression level? I seem to remember something about being able to switch to a very fast compression altogether, still compatible with zlib, so we could use that. Why don't you have a look at this?

Antonio, the mobs spawning has not been finished properly yet, vanilla spawns neutral mobs when it is generating chunks, this is missing from MCS and is most probably the cause why you don't see many animals around. Also check your world.ini, you might have animals disabled in there Smile
Thanks given by:
I'll have a look at compression.
Thanks given by: